TKR Sissy Seeking Success On The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been MIA for a few days, have been having some problems. For the lat few days i've been having terrible bouts of nausea and finally after throwing up my pain meds a few times called my OS PA for nausea meds. Of course it's Sunday and all the pharmacies are closed in this one horse time warp of a town except Walgreens so hubby just got back from there and I have taken a dose along with pain meds. Just hope this goes away, I am miserable and weak I haven't kept food down since breakfast yesterday. Just trying to keep my mind busy so I feel better.

Hi Sissy,
I had them give me some before I left the hospital and got a prescription from my OS and have filled it 3 times already. Are you eating before you take your meds? I try eating something that will coat my stomach like oatmeal, pudding, bread it seems to help. As time goes on I don't get the nausea as much or as bad. Other than that how are you doing?
Cathy

Hi Sissy,
I am so sorry you are struggling with the pain medication and nausea/vomiting. Good luck getting it under control with the nausea medication. Sending non-nauseating good vibes to you!

s.:flwrysmile:

I had a few bouts of nausea, too---I hope that the anti-nausea mes kick in so that you can not have to worry about both the pain and the nausea!

My nausea episode was the day I had my MUA. I was vomitting so often my husband wanted to take me to the ER. After the horrendous efforts it took to get me into the house and up the few stairs that day, I wasn't eager to retrace those steps and besides which, I knew that I'd likely be sick once or twice before I got to the ER. I decided to call the ER and ask them what they could do for me. They said they could give me some anti-nausea meds to stop the vomitting. Fortunately, just after I called I fell asleep and slept soundly all through the night and into the next morning.

I hope they can short circuit your issues, soon. It's no fun.

I'm in Watertown today for my sister's birthday celebration. She takes in international students while they study in the Boston area. She spent most of Friday while being locked in chatting with her friends from all over the world. For her birthday dinner today, China, Greece, Germany were represented along with the US.

I hope your doing better Sissy, Im thinking of you.... hang in there it will get better!! Everyone has their own pace, listen to your body, rest.... this is your time.
You in my thoughts, take care, remember we are all here for you!
Hugs
Susie

You are MIA again. I hope this week has been better for you. We've had lovely warm days and bright sunny blue skies. I'll blow some your direction. Time to get back for another round of gardening chores.

Hope your feeling better Sissy. We are all here for you! Sending all good thoughts your way!
Susie

Hi Sissy I hope you have nausea managed and feeling better - big hugs :friends: :flwrysmile:

The sinus infection is much better and the terrible nausea it was causing has cleared. I still have no appetite but that is ok, I am eating enough. I have found that my sense of taste has changed, I guess from the meds in my system making food not very appetizing. I am doing the two exercises that I am supposed to do and even surprised myself when I was able to do the straight leg lifts with the weights on my ankle. I am getting the hang of a cane and it's easier than using a walker in the house. I feel weak and tired but I know they are normal feelings so guess I am pretty much right where I am supposed to be. I am still taking 2 pain pills every 4 hours and was told the doctor will start adjusting those down when I go back for my 6 week appt. on May 14th.

Great to hear from you Sissy, sounds like everything is going good for you now!! Glad to hear the nausea is under control!
Hugs
Susie

Glad to hear Sissy you are doing well! Keep on moving up! :flwrysmile:

It's been a little over 6 weeks since my surgery, my knee is coming along better than expected. I know when I was told that my OS did my order PT I was very sceptical, instead I have 3 exercises I do on my own with a watchful eye and constant support from my husband. When I went for my 6 week visit my ROM was 122 and my knee was straight, they were all very happy with my results. I have begun to wean myself off the hydrocodone and have had some discomfort, hot and cold sweats and clamminess and a few major meltdowns too. I was taking 2 pain pills every 4 hrs and have cut back to 1 1/2 every 4 now. I was thinking of cutting back to 1 every 4 hrs but my daughter who is an RN suggested that instead I should start extending the time to 5 then 6 hrs between then cut back.
The constipation problem has eased and that is making life easier. I am using a cane when I need it, but find that I can do ok in the house without. Any help or suggestions about drug withdrawal are welcome. It seems to be my biggest hurdle so far. I know I kinda fell off the wagon as far as posting but you were always there for me, I was reading all along and my concerns and questions were always addressed, bonesmart to the rescue once again. I have slightly less than 4 months until our planned dream trip around the world. My OS said there is no reason that I cannot do it, I just have to learn to limit my expectations to meet my energy and stamina level and not try to do things that I should not do. Sissy

I was concerned about pain on the underside of my knee and asked about it when I went for the 6 week checkup. The Os's PA went into a very long and descriptive reason about what happens during the surgery but in the end it is because my ham string is healing from being assaulted during the surgery. She gave me a very simple exercise to stretch it. You stand behind a chair and hold on with both hands then very gently lift your leg at the knee, I could barely lift it at first, but just after a few days I see a little improvement. Then I ice the area and I think it's helping me.

Sissy, it is good to have a balance between the quads and the hamstrings, so that they are both more or less at the same strength. Good exercise for a start.

have found that my sense of taste has changed, I guess from the meds in my system making food not very appetizing.
I know that the pain mes did my sense of taste in for a while---nothing---even a pizza from my all-time favorite Italian restaurant, did not taste good at all.

Hi sissy! How are you doing with the meds? I'm dealing with having to wean off them too. I've been through it before and I'm not looking forward to it. Let me know if you have any tips. I can muster through the physical withdrawals, just worried about wrapping my brain around it.

How is your TKR chiming along? Sounds like you are doing great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
BrainySmurf
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom