Lounge Doctor

THR Should I be Concerned

OP
OP
R

[email protected]

Country
United States United States
Just stopped by to see how you are doing, glad to hear you are doing better!
Enjoy some nice easy walking and without the PT you will be feeling better and better!
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Seems like many of us felt a nice improvement at around three months. Soon, my hippie friend, soon!
Awwww tks Cricket. Not going to lie, I still have some general soreness which I'm sure will last for a while but I'm determined to ensure I succeed in this endeavor. Out of curiosity, how long before you could tie your shoe again and did you actively stretch daily? Tks

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Out of curiosity, how long before you could tie your shoe again and did you actively stretch daily? Tks
I didn't actively stretch, at least not daily. I probably did some very gentle stretches 2-3 times a week. As for tying my shoe? I had elastic shoelaces in my sneakers so I didn't even try, I used a long shoe horn and slipped in and out of my shoes that way.
If I had to give a timeframe, I'm guessing it was maybe around 2 months with my first (left hip) and a little longer, maybe three months with my right.
Nothing should be forced, you know? That will only anger the soft tissue further.
Sorry that I can't be more accurate in the timing,, I am not sure whether I mentioned it in my recovery threads, either.

All hips are different, and progressing at a different time frame doesn't mean a thing. My two hips were completely different in their recoveries.

Softtail

senior
Country
Old school I am only on 3rd day but reading your posts were dead on my burning /pulling experience I feel when stretching my leg to far. Thought I may have been pulling on bandage at first then migrated to maybepulled interior stitches loose. Anyway Once I felt this I am presently attempting to keep my stride shorter till walking longer ones-don”t reproduce them anymore. Really glad others have experienced this so is not abnormal.

OP
OP
R

[email protected]

Country
Old school I am only on 3rd day but reading your posts were dead on my burning /pulling experience I feel when stretching my leg to far. Thought I may have been pulling on bandage at first then migrated to maybepulled interior stitches loose. Anyway Once I felt this I am presently attempting to keep my stride shorter till walking longer ones-don”t reproduce them anymore. Really glad others have experienced this so is not abnormal.
Hey buddy, hope you're past that sensation. Was the worst thing that happened to me during my recovery. Not happy with my PT's for that. Also wanted to apologize for taking so long to respond. I'm back to work full time and have been slammed. Needless to say, I'm walking between 1.5 and 3 miles every morning and while my surgery hip is getting much more comfortable, my non-surgery hip is weakening. Both were bad to begin with. Just had my 3 month follow-up about a week shy and am on the schedule for hip #2. Rest assured, I will not be overdoing it. Trust everyone when they say, all you need is rest, ice and walking. No need to stride out. Those sutures tear easily. Best of luck on a speedy recovery. As my OS told me, everything will heal in due time, when you overdue things it just takes a lot longer. Your choice. Take care man,

Rob

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you’re having a good week and enjoying steady progress.
All the best as you continue your healing journey! :)
@[email protected]

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Laina
Recent bookmarks