Shifting gears late in the game!

Bionic, Bchbum4evr and An54

Really helpful to know how you are doing at eight weeks. I bet it is hard to tell/project at the two week post how one is going to feel at eight weeks. Given the activity chart for daily living, your feed back and I behave myself :heehee: (No ODIC!), I feel that I'll be good to go with number two hip at eight weeks. Fingers and toes crossed!!!

I experienced right hip posterior with no restrictions. I was cautioned to move thoughtfully, slowly and if anything hurt, stop. It worked well for me. What are your plans for the day to stay busy?
Don't even recall what I did on my day before surgery. Probably this > :bawl:
You'll soon realize you worried a lot for no reason. Will be back later today with well wishes, and tomorrow, and the next day etc.
Consider starting your Recovery thread today so it's ready for you post op. Much easier.
Hugs :friends:
@Alitm

Alitm, Just read about the changes to your surgery. I'm glad that your OS took the time to explain everything to you and was able to make you feel comfortable with the changes. I know how hard it is to expect one thing to happen and then everything gets turned around. I'm glad to see that you seem to be handling and accepting these changes very well, so your support system is working !! Good Luck tomorrow.....I will be looking for your posts on the other side..
:flwrysmile:

I believe OS was trying to assure neurotic ME that although he does ask his patients with posterior surgery to keep the 90 degree rule, that I won't dislocate the hip if I go beyond that by mistake.
Alitm, you did read this article, didn't you? Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule Because that's exactly what is said in there! (see item 2)

Sounds like you have confidence in your surgeon and he has a handle on what he's doing and he has probably made a good decision for your situation. Everyone stresses so much about the approach and the restrictions, neither of which amount to anything post op. You have one major plus and that's confidence in your OS. Now the next step is getting in the mindset that you are all in for this and will do everything you should do for a proper recovery. The positive attitude will make it a lot easier and allow you to overcome the hurdles you will face.

Josephine, thank you again for that article. Much appreciated. I read this article a while back. Just changing gears mentally a bit still from anterior to posterior. OS has made every effort to help me with that gear change when we met yesterday. I'm actually doing really well about my surgery tomorrow, now just fussing about the house etc. Nothing that can't wait of course...but we all know how hard some things are to let go of and how we want things just so!!! LOL!:heehee:

I remember Layla not having any formal cautions, but to be cautious and listen to her body.
Best get back to finishing up.
:flwrysmile:

Eman85, Lea61 and of course always Layla, thank you for your kind words. :)

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending all the best mojo your way.:roseshwr:
You're on your way to a hip pain free life.:ok:
See you on the healing side!:SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom