Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Shells 2nd Revision Recovery

Aww Shells! Joanne was/is another guardian Angel for you! So nice that you can keep in touch.
 
Have you seen the ice packs that you can make yourself? They’re flexible like a hell pack. Type home made ice packs in the search line. I think it’s zip lock or food saver bags, water, alcoho and something else. They lay flat in the freezer. I didn’t make them but several people did.
 
@shells35, in the very early days, I found I didn’t like having my leg elevated too much either. I always managed to get to “toes above my nose” but mainly cause I was in my recliner which tilted my torso back as much as it raised my legs. For me, I think the discomfort came from the muscles and ligaments that were pulled and stretched during surgery. I’m still having issues doing certain things where I get a sharp pull in the upper inside thigh or just outside my knee depending on what I’m doing. I know what I need to do to address it (slow steady stretching) but never seem to make the time to do so.
 
Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier, @shells35. I'm glad you received your Scar Shield and that you're home with an unbandaged knee. If you haven't done so already, it's time to start the applications and scheduled photos.

Please take a "before" photo of your knee. If you still have those blisters, take both a long shot that shows your whole wound and a closeup with just the blistered section. Then apply the Scar Shield as directed in your instructions, taking new photos every 3 days. There should be a schedule sheet in your package so you can keep track of the applications and your photo days. Email the photos to me at jamie@bonesmart.org.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be following your recovery thread more closely now and I appreciate reading all your updates. It sounds like you're coming along just fine.
 
I am trying two pillows for elevating so will see how that goes.

My cousins who are more like sisters to me came over last night. We had a great time watching movies and being silly. I did overdo it a little and am feeling it today. But, that’s ok it was worth it. Back to my bed today.

I can’t belive this but I just noticed I am not on an antibiotic which I find worrisome. Is everyone or has everyone else had antibiotics post op at home. @Josephine ???????
 
Last edited:
I did not have any antibiotics at home after surgery. I’m not sure I did in the hospital, but I was only in overnight.
 
@shells35, I had a lot of antibiotics while I was in the hospital via IV and 7 days worth, twice a day at home after my revision. I did not with my original LTKR.
 
There is a big leaning towards NOT prescribing prophylactic antibiotics these days. That's because of all the MRSA issues. Jolly good idea too, in my opinion!
 
I didn't have antibiotics after my release, either.
 
@beachy @Celle my good friend brought over everything to make the ice packs at home on Saturday.
I did find the idea in an article I found here on Bonesmart. So many good articles and good people on this site. I am so thankful I found it!

@Jamie I don’t know how I missed your post about the Scar Shield. I am in bed for the night already so I will get that going tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for the info on the antibiotics. I just wanted to make sure. I don’t need any problems!

@NavyGunns I was just trying to explain that to my daughter earlier. My pain for the most part feels likes it’s pulled muscles. Earlier I turned to get out of bed and didn’t have a good grab on my leg and it just dropped to the ground with no guidance bending on the way down. My gosh I thought I was going to pass out. Now even more pain :( That’s ok I guess I have nothing but time and its going to be a long recovery.
 
How are you Shells? Haven’t heard from you in awhile.
 
@shells35 .... I received your first "before" photo, but nothing since. Are you applying the Scar Shield on the schedule for the test?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom