Share Your Pre-op Shopping List

I plan on buying some gym shorts and pajamas. Just found out that I will get a lot of things when I go to my Pt appointment. And also a machine that I can use that does heat and cold but I can only use for a month. So I will be buying a ice machine for my knee. Already have a recliner. Also will be buying a wedge.
 
The gliders are like little ski's. They work well in area's where there might be rugs or on carpet.
Interesting. I’ve never seen that. My walker did fine on carpet without anything on the back legs.
 
I want skis for my walker! Then I can be one of those people who skied the day after BTKR :rofsign:

I'm getting a recliner, too. Figured if I can't sleep (seems to be contagious on BS) I can go to recliner and watch tv so I don't wake the sleeping giant (hubs).
 
I used my walker for a day after getting home from the hospital. It was much easier to use one crutch when getting up at night.

Pants with deep pockets. Fortunately, I had several pairs and they were one of the most useful things. I could put my Yetti in one and phones in the other when I needed to go from the kitchen back to the nest.
 
Chiming in here for BTKR prep-we bought many pairs of shorts. Sam's Club has some really comfortable, loose Eddie Bauer brand shorts that were $7 or so. We also bought a 3 tiered metal rolling cart (they sell them at Target/IKEA) that we can put all of my husband's stuff on: CPAP, meds, remotes, water, phones, etc. Since he'll be moving from living to bedroom and alternating sides of bed, we figured he needed to have something mobile that was nightstand-high that I can just roll in for him.
 
Most important thing for recovery will be that remote! For me anyway.:loll:
 
Most important thing for recovery will be that remote! For me anyway.:loll:
That and a subscription to Netflix. I really hope I can concentrate enough to read this time since I have a stack of books and magazines ready to go and more on hold at the library.
 
The not so fun shopping is being delivered little by little.

Today the grabber dress your self sock put on shoe horn long handle sponge kit.

Tomorrow the double wide lounge doctor. Sounds like a doctor with a BMI issue.
And the walker basket. Woopdedo
 
@beachy My walker has wheels on the front and it had rubber caps on the back legs. That meant I had to pick the darn thing up every step, which was a major pain and didn't allow for a smooth and even gait. I had hubby remove the rubber caps and replace them with a couple of tennis balls, so now my walker glides easily on my hardwood floors and I'm walking much better.
 
It's here. Anddddd it's going back. They sent the 18" and I ordered 24"
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Share Your Pre-op Shopping List
    IMG_0057.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 269
Yeah USPS white glove delivery.

For anyone contemplating purchasing one.....VERY comfy!!!
The foam is soft, but your legs don't sink down. It's like a memory foam. I hate to return it :unsure:
 
A leg-lifter... they gave me one at the hospital and I never used it either. :heehee: Suggest going the "use something you already have at home, if you need it at all" route..
:goodpost:The hospital gave me the "safety belt" thing they put on you to hang onto you while you're walking in the hospital. It worked fine and I only needed it for a few days with the first knee. With knee #2 I didn't need anything--just used my other leg to help.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom