Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Severe shin pain after revision

Good morning Hoppy18,
I had lost your thread ( and mine) but have been not sleeping, trawling through the site and searched you to see how you a going with that bend since your MUA.
I hope the pain has settled down for you.
I don't have anything new or exciting to share about my ROM but I do feel better in myself and am able to do a bit more now. My friends reckon I'm walking better too although I still feel that it is stiff and slower than I would have liked at 9 weeks post op! I really don't know how much the MUA achieved!
Anyway, just checking in on your progress.
Happy easter


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is five years since I had a revision TKR and I am now experiencing pain round about my shin area. Can anyone advise what could be causing this please?
 
I developed severe shin pain and the cause turned out to be a lose tibial component, which was wiggling back and forth, hammering its way out through the side of my tibia.

I’m not saying this is your issue - it could be many things - but I recommend seeing someone and getting an x-ray to rule out a problem such as what I had.
 
I would try to find a revision specialist, depending on how long an intense pain is. I’m in Southern California and getting into any good doctor is taking months. I’d try to get an appointment now. Can always cancel…good luck!
 
Hello hoppy18,
Sorry to read you experienced a revision and that you're currently struggling with pain. You have received sound advise through those suggesting you check in with your surgeon because it would be difficult for us to guess what may be going on.

Please identify which knee was revised and share the date so we're able to update your signature.

You will notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery history contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

Wishing you all the best and hope you'll check in with your OS for answers or reassurance.
We're here if you need us!
@hoppy18
 
Hi Layla thank you for your reply. My left knee was revised in May 2018.
 
Can you please change my heading to Severe shin pain after revision TKR please
 
Back
Top Bottom