Guest viewing is limited

TKR Set back at 3 months<

More information needed please
3. Ibuprofen as needed
which is how often and how much?
6. I will elevate my leg after an activity if it swells
For how long?
7. I do all the normal activity I did before surgery plus work full time
Which is what exactly?
8. Swim 3 times per week. Tai chi 2 times per week. Spin 1 time per week. I have a stationary bike and rowing machine at home.. rowing machine is 15 minutes as it aggravates my knee.
Question asked "please make a list and not an essay"
 
Surgery, November 21, 2017

Answers @ Josephine


3. Ibuprofen 200 mg two times per week IF needed

6. Leg elevation about 3o minutes

7. I own a childcare business. I am on my feet all day lifting kids or playing on the floor with them


8. My activity list

Swim 3 times per week
Tai chi 2 times per week
Spin 1 time per week
Rowing machine 15 minutes 3 times per week
Walking 2 times per week or more as weather improves

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
 
Answers @ Josephine
@Loriannie When you tag somebody, you need the @ sign to sit right close up to their name else it doesn't work. You could see your tag to me didn't work because it didn't turn into a hyperlink (go blue).

1. Pain a 2 depending on what activity I am doing could increase to a 4 or 5
That's high for 16 weeks out.
2. Swelling slight
You did note that swelling was also an indicator of pain, didn't you? I would estimate that 'slight' swelling would add 2-3 points to that pain score which makes it about 7-8
3. Ibuprofen 200 mg two times per week IF needed
I would suggest you are grossly undermedicated and that NSAIDs twice a week are not helping you. I suggest you switch to Tylenol 1,000mg 4 times a day at 6hrly intervals. I know the FDA has recommended 3,000mg per 24hrs but that's just to make sure they're not taking other medications with Tylenol in them as well and thus unintentionally overdose.

I also suggest you stop the ibuprofen because apart from being very poor pain killers, they also have bad side effects. Read these
Medications: acetaminophen (Tylenol, paracetamol) and NSAIDs, differences and dangers
NSAIDs Diclofenac. ibuprofen increase risk of heart problems: new study
4. 120 and 0
That's excellent!
5. I don't ice anymore
Okay
6. Leg elevation about 30 minutes
You accomplish little or nothing in 20 minutes. Elevate for at least 40-60mins and more than 4 times a day.
7. I do all the normal activity i did before surgery plus work full time. I own a childcare business. I am on my feet all day lifting kids or playing on the floor with them
Got it
8. Swim 3 times per week. Tai chi 2 times per week. Spin 1 time per week. I have a stationary bike and rowing machine at home.. rowing machine is 15 minutes as it aggravates my knee.
I always get 10,000 steps in per day.
Walking and hiking on weekends
Squats and lunges and wall sits... no set number. Will do them as time allows
Swim 3 times per week
Tai chi 2 times per week
Spin 1 time per week
Rowing machine 15 minutes 3 times per week
Walking 2 times per week or more as weather improves
If any of these were your normal act ivies before your knee went bad, okay. Otherwise YOU DON'T NEED THEM!
Your ROM is superb and I'll warrant it's all this that's causing you that pain and swelling. So stop it all and things will improve.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom