Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

I have had five surgeries on the right knee, been on IV antibiotics 3 times. I have a long surgical and infection history that started 2 years ago. It's on this board. I have been on and off antibiotics to keep infection away. The last time they took me off the antibiotics, it tools 4 days to show up, and in the hospital I go because if infection again. I am trying to find a " cute" so I don't need to be on antibiotics for infection anymore. So I thought this would be where I could get info on new info withered on the material or different ways to cute the infection. I don't want to be on antibiotics for the life of this prosthetic, as I feel it would jeopardize my future health. I appreciate you replying, thank you
 
Thanks, Sienna, for clarifying your current concerns. There are a couple of things that would be helpful for me to know before I can advise you properly.

First, have you had the same surgeon through all these surgeries? Can you tell me who your surgeon is? If you've had more than one, I'd appreciate knowing who you've seen.

Have you been working with an infectious disease doctor? If so, when did the doctor join the surgeon on your case?

When was the last time you were tested for infection and what was the result?

What guidance is your surgeon giving you about the status of your knee now and his future plans to keep you infection free.

I understand your concern about being on antibiotics long terms after all you've been through. This has been horrible for you and I can appreciate you wanting to find a different route to remain healthy. I'm on your side with wanting to get any infection completely cleared up and cured. If you can help me by providing the information I've asked for, perhaps I can give you some options to try to help you.
 
Hi @Sienna! I also had issues with infection and multiple surgeries. I went almost a year with the prosthetic out due to the damaged tissue and tendons. With everything complete I do not have to take antibiotics...so it can be done.
 
I’m so sorry this must be incredibly hard to deal with hope you find relief
 
I have had a number of the on right knee. The last surgery was Dec 2019. I can't get any range of motion, since I've had 5 surgeries in two years. Nothing is really working to break up internal scar tissue. I am wondering if it would be safe to take serrapeptase to break it up so I can FINASLY MIVE WITHOUT PAIN AND STIFFNESS!! This has been terrible. I want to make sure it won't wreck any if the plastic, cement or metal in the replacement! Thank you, Sue
 
@Sienna ,

I'm afraid we can't advise you about taking Serrpeptase. You should ask your surgeon.
If taking something like Serrapeptase could dissolve adhesions easily, it would already be in widespread use.

By the way, I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. Don't worry that we won't see your new question as, between us, the staff read all new posts each day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?
Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. Please will you do that?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom