BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

[THR] Seeing the Light!

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by lovesstars, Aug 29, 2018.

1. NanaKP

NanaKP member

United States United States
    Reading how well you are doing @lovesstars sure makes me smile. We are finally getting some snow here in metro Denver. True to my word, I have not left the house. I had told my Boss (aka my husband) that I will NOT be pushing my luck this winter whatsoever. I was so excited to lace up my brand spankin' new running shoes that came yesterday so I have been on my treadmill for 15 minutes so far (walking slowly). I'm still not upping the time or the speed, just letting my body go slow and continue healing.

Reading @EL11 about your handyman, friend falling makes me glad we haven't had icy conditions too much. OUCH! I am still icing at least once a day, usually when I get home from work (or off of the treadmill). I do take an ice pack to bed some nights because it seems to help me go to sleep. Not sure if that is habit or comfort at having the weight across my hips(?). Glad you are still on the healing side without a setback from your own fall.

Happy NEW YEAR to all.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lovesstars

lovesstars senior

@NanaKP I think that is so very wise! Now that I know what I know (I know....) about ice, I think you should.
    Is it difficult to lace up the shoes? Is your boss/husband amenable to letting you work on the business from home?

And going slow on the treadmill?? Absolutely yes.

3. Atkinson8

Atkinson8 member

This is all so valuable! I just wrote on my thread how frustrated I was that progress seems to have stalled in the last week - you remind me the newest hip is just that, new. The other one is 4+ months olds and doing great, I need to remember to take care of that one as well.
    Regarding carrying things - if my packback is loaded enough, it definitely weighs down the hip, quads, knee - not good. I learn everyday!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    Happy New Year @lovesstars!!

Your post about the icing (physio's comment) so helpful, thanks for posting. SO glad things are going well for you! You are an inspiration to all healing hippies :SUNsmile:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. lovesstars

lovesstars senior

6. lovesstars

lovesstars senior