Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

2 new milestones:

1. Got in the shower stepping over the rim of the tub without even thinking about the knees. Realized what I’d done halfway through my shower. Finished shower with big grin on face.

2. Walked 1.5 miles today without getting overly tired. Part of the walk was up an incline - no problem at all. I took two days off walking over the weekend so that prob helped. Previously I have been walking 1.2 miles and getting tired at the .75 mile mark.

Yay me. :happydance:
 
Ok, I give. I will reveal my ignorance and ask, what is an IT band? What do the initials stand for? Thanks in advance. Happy Sunday!
 
I don’t remember the whole name but there’s an article about it in the library. Look under Forums to find the library.
 
Found the library but a search under IT band gave no results. I'm sure someone will answer my query at some point. Thanks Jockette. :)
 
Did you go all the way to the Library Index? If you do, there’s an awesome list of information.
 
I did not and will do so - thank you Jockette for taking the time on this question.
 
I was absolutely amazed at how much information is in there. When I first had my tkr, I read tons. Of course, with the brain fog back then, I probably don't remember half of it!
 
I'm always amazed to read the stories of people who have both knees done at once. You're my heroes! I'm so glad things are going well for you.
 
My goodness the stores are big in Denver. Between Super Target and Trader Joe's I logged over 3/4 of a mile this morning. Today is eight months for me, yippee. We've come a long way baby. . . .
Isn't it CRAZY how much we walk in stores? I never would have thought, until starting to keep track, that it was as much as it is. Happy Kneeversary !!! :wowspring::flwrysmile:
 
I used a wrist step tracker for a while, but I don't swing my arms when I walk and when I'm shopping I'm holding on the the shopping cart, so my steps aren't counted. I ended up buying a clip on type that I put on the pants leg. Now, the steps gets counted! It's many more steps at stores than I thought! Yay, they're being counted now!
 
There's an app on my iPhone that counts the steps. But I have to have the phone on me or in my purse, so it doesn't get all the steps at home. But walking around the stores today it was in my purse, which is a shoulder bag. And I always take it with me on my walks.
 
The wonky walking that so many of you are talking about in this thread———exactly what I went through. At 16 months post bilateral, I still occasionally say to myself “heal-toe. Heal-toe “ and pay attention to my gait. I am walking 2-3 miles everyday now, and get this ......it feels good!!! Don’t worry bout the walking. It’ll come. It will!!!! I still feel like I’m improving still. Little bits at a time. I figure I might be one of those 2 year guys. Ok with me
 
You're doing OK.
[Bonesmart.org] Second Year Progress
 
Hi bonesmarties: I’m pretty much back to a full tutoring schedule. Sitting at my desk doesn’t bother me but I’m pretty stiff when I stand up after tutoring for an hour. And tonight I am icing and elevating because i have some swelling and discomfort. Do you think this is normal at 8months? I certainly feel like I have a lot more patience with my students and a lot more to give them in general than the last round of tutoring which ended in Feb. it just concerns me that I don’t have time for my walks so there’s a lot of sitting and not much moving around. Tomorrow I have a light load so I hope to get my walk in, if it doesn’t rain.

Would someone change my thread title to 8 months recovery. Thanks very much.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom