TKR Second TKR Recovery

@Sks1997 You are lucky to have those point of references. My first TKR seemed to heal quickly and easily, but I am starting to think I blocked all the bad! I went back to work teaching after 6 weeks...pretty much had to but all was well. I will need to do the same with this recovery!

You can sleep on your side if that is at all comfortable. Try putting a pillow between your legs at your knees to cushion your new knee. Or you can try lining pillows up behind your back and then kind of leaning into them so that you are partially on your side and partially on your back. I found that position to be very comfortable with a pillow also between my knees and my ice packs on.

@Jamie I tried starting out in bed last night and tried sleeping on my side. Nothing was comfortable and it hurt too much to roll over just to not be comfortable and still hurt. So, I ended up back in the recliner. But, I got up early, went back to bed and had no trouble moving around in bed or sleeping on my side. My knee was just aching from the day's activities and needed to settle down a bit before navigating the bed. . Thank you for your advice!

Glad to hear you were able to finally get comfortable enough to sleep. You might want to try taking some Extra Strength Tylenol about 1 hour before bedtime to relax you. You can take 1000mg at a time. You just need to be sure your daily intake of Tylenol or other acetaminophen-containing products such as cold and sinus medications does not exceed 4,000mg in any 24 hour period.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom