Guest viewing is limited

TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine
You probably don't remember this. I had had lines on either side of my surgical site where the skin had broken. The PA didn't know what it was, the surgeon said it was where the bandage had been applied and caused some swelling and caused some slight puckering of skin which broke thru. Anyway it cleared up no problem. I just finished my outpatient PT and am now 8 weeks post surgery. On my last PT session, my Flex was 119 and extension was at 0, so I'm pretty happy about that. Have good movement of kneecap. I'll continue home exercise. My goal is to be able to go down stairs one after the other in kind of a skipping form. You know like normal people. I have several times, walked around the pond at my housing development which is approximately 1/3 mile, with no problems. First time I did it, on two new knees, I was over the moon. Had Hubby video me with my two straight legs, no more bowed legs. I know I'm not completely recovered, but life is so much better, we're gonna take another Viking Cruise in October for my 65th birthday. Life is good.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I go in on May 1. I certainly hope my recovery is as complication-free as yours has been! Congrats on your two new knees.
 
@Kansas Teacher. Best of luck to you. Both my knees were unbelievably low pain. I think I have a good pain tolerance. I really couldn't take the Hydrocodone/Tylenol combo 10mg/325mg prescribed it was too strong and produced hallucinations. Pretty much used Tramadol 50mg for pain. Some folks say it doesn't work for them. Just be sure and ice and elevate as needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom