THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

Sounds like your doing great. Are you still on pain meds or just Tylenol ? I was only taking Tylenol after the first week. My RTHR is coming up soon.
 
Thanks all. I’m now 4 weeks post op. Things are going very well. Since I had little pain I pushed myself a bit much but all is well. I use ice when I need it and can finally get some good sleep and I still nap during the day. I’m working on my gate after waddling for so long. Some discomfort but normal. Hope all the November folks are happy.
 
Wonderful recovery. So glad you have had such minimal pain.
 
@mlsread I walk great using my cane, but still waddle like a penguin without... Cane it is for me for a while, I guess. You sound like you are doing great, so keep on doing whatever you are doing. Seems to be working out just nicely. :happydance:
 
@Josephine
I’ve had a great recovery from my LTHR surgery 11/6. I had my right one done 1/30/201. When I walk It feels like my left leg is longer than the other. I had my 4wk follow up today and the LFNP told me that this feeling will go away eventually. From the look of my X-ray taken after surgery it looks like the Left is longer. What’s your opinion ? Thanks.
[Bonesmart.org] Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great update! @mlsread
Both hips done and on your way.
2017 was all about surgery and recovery.
Cheers to a great 2018 :cheers:
 
BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.


Interesting about the BIG TIP comment. I saw my Orthopedic surgeon yesterday for a Preop appointment and asked about physical therapy. His response was we do not have you do any physical therapy for THR for at least 8 weeks if at all. Our research shows that hips do not need any exercise to get better with the anterior approach. The posterior approach needs PT because the muscles are cut and they need to be retrained is what he told me. He said walk as soon as possible but not to excess. He indicated walking was the best possible exercise.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I believe new shoes will help. No discomfort today until I put my shoes on. They are very good shoes with a lot of support but I’ve had them for quite some time.
 
Great job lady. You are a super hero at only one month out.
Glad all is going well.
Double hippy wonder:ok:
 
Last edited:
I just retired my favorite old shoes....same reason. Just bought some great new tennis shoes, solid black....versatile and it is making a major difference.
Only been talking about getting new ones since June:unsure:
Hate shopping and I'm a cheapskate. But they are great, Sketchers with memory foam, good traction, and support.
Should'be done it five months ago.
:wink:
 
Might need new shoes, the old wear pattern bothered me.
 
What’s your opinion
My opinion is that your xray is not usable by me. It's photograph at an angle as it was on the view screen plus the tops of the pelvis are missing - vital for me if I'm to measure it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom