THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

:wave: Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a good day and week. Stay in touch so we can follow your progress.
All the best to you in 2022!
@ultgar
 
Had an anterior (Mako assisted) right hip replacement 6 weeks ago today. Recovery has been good so far and no more pain. The tissue below and to the sides of the incision feels hard and I was wondering if this is normal (scar tissue??). I see the surgeon for the first time since my Dec 10th surgery next week (saw the PA at 3 weeks and all was fine).
 
@ultgar
Some people develop additional scar tissue, usually it remodels over time as you heal. Your surgeon will take a closer look and be able to give you advice.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Thanks,
Chris
 
:wave:
Good to see all is going well....
The tissue below and to the sides of the incision feels hard and I was wondering if this is normal (scar tissue??).
Yes, exactly how it felt for me and I'm not sure if it was scar tissue, per se....
Seems like it was super noticeable for the first year, especially when I began sleeping on it.
But either I'm used to it, or it is less hard/tight.:shrug:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well. We’d love to read about your progress if you have time to share an update. Best wishes as you continue healing!
@ultgar
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom