Rtkr glue or staples ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had staples but the dressing they put over it was waterproof, so I could shower the second or third day. My staples didn't hurt or bother me. The stickum on the dressing made me itch like mad, though.
 
Just to rain on your parade for a minute, I did notice one drawback to sutures, which was that they itched and pulled like crazy for the last few days before they were out--they were probably ready 10 days out if not sooner, but didnt come out until 2 weeks and a day afterwards. They aggravated me during PT. After they were out I could really get going. (I wanted to take them out myself but restrained myself and was a Good Patient.)
 
Glue was wonderful. Showered immediately, no staples to remove.
And watching the glue peel off was a source of entertainment. (Alright people I was bored and on drugs.:heehee:) It starts fraying and peeling off after a couple of weeks as the incision heals.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that'a decision you get to make. Both times, I had staples. I had no problem. My DIL's mother, had glue both times. I don't believe she had any issue.
 
My OS used dissolvable stitches. I am allergic to the nickel in the staples. DISSOLVABLE stitches. Nothing needed to be removed later - they ... just ... disappeared. I could shower with no problem. From my previous experiences with surgeries, glue doesnt work for me - the wound just reopens. DISSOLVABLE stitches - that's what I specifically request for surgeries. After I explain my allergies/experiences, I have never had a surgeon refuse me.
 
There are many roads to Rome...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom