RTKR 5 days away (July 21), getting really nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@harleysbud Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear this. That is very frustrating indeed - especially the day before your scheduled surgery. :hairpulling: I do hope they can treat & reschedule right away. Keep us posted about that, and good luck! @Yorkimom is right - apparently a lot of women must be walking around with UTIs and don't even know it. Women's anatomy is just more prone to UTI than men are.

This was my fear, too, that they would cancel my surgery, but mine was caught early enough to treat - I just hope it is gone in time. I am going to call OS today just to confirm my pre-surgery testing was all ok and the surgery is a go so I can quit worrying about that aspect.
 
@harleysbud I am so sorry. How disappointing...to get yourself all psyched for surgery and then to have it cancelled. Hopefully they will reschedule it right away and it won't interfere with your timeframe for work too much. Let us know as soon your UTI is cleared up and you have a new surgery date. Hang in there. Anne
 
@DianeJ , I am a month post op. Encourage you to read my posts!! I think I've had a pretty decent recovery so far ...I employ many self-care techniques I believe have been extremely helpful, particularly for sleep and am sleeping well, and even back to work part time! I haven't read your whole thread, but a major suggestion for right now is to start cooking and stocking up on favorite foods, or make sure you have folks bringing you healthy high protein meals. Cooking is tough and hard on your knees (static standing) for a while. My husband flys and is not home much. Plus, maneuvering a walker, or cane plus ingredients is a juggle!!! You will be on your feet faster than you can possibly imagine :heehee: Best wishes!!! Keep busy!!!
 
@54andfighting Thanks, I will read your posts! I am going to a rehab after hospital (I live alone), so at least I won't have to worry about meals right away. I have frozen some stuff to eat when I do get home. I don't eat much meat, so getting enough protein is sometimes a problem!
 
Called my OS, and the UTI did still show up in my test from Wed. but I am continuing antibiotic until Sunday night, and I will get antibiotic at the hospital, too. My OS signed off on all my pre-op testing so good to go! I think I have all the pre-surgery jitters out of the way (I hope!), and am just so ready to get this over with! The next couple of days will be pretty busy getting the house cleaned, bedding washed, mail stopped, packing suitcase, and another bag with extra stuff for taking to rehab with plenty of reading material, snacks, tea bags etc. I also have to board my kitty cats.
:kitty:I hate to have to board them so long, but have no choice. They will be at the same place I always take them when going on vacation, and they are well cared for. I will sure miss them!
 
@DianeJ Glad to hear everything is ready! At least the kitties will be someplace they are use to! They will adapt.
 
Glad you got the go-ahead! It sounds like your preparations are almost done. Prepping ahead for when you come home is really helpful.
 
@DianeJ This is great news!!! One less thing you have to worry about. I hope you're packing an IPad, IPhone or something that you can use to keep us updated after surgery!
 
@Yorkimom Yes! I will have my smart phone and my Kindle Fire with me. I figured I would like to read messages and also do some browsing on the internet while I'm lying about icing my leg. I also have a lot of books I can read on the Kindle when I can concentrate again! Hopefully I will get some good sleep too - and not too horrible of pain! I will try to remember to start a recovery thread Sunday evening! :wink:
 
Best wishes for Monday! See you next week with your new knee. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom