THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Creston,

So pleased that you have the staples out now, more comfortable and that you got the ok regarding the "popping" sensation.

I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about the other hip and the suggestion of a CD, recovery is the main aim of your game right now..

It's a marathon not a sprint, wise, wise words repeated to me over and over by a member friend.. That has given me permission to take it slow and easy... what do you think? Ease back a little? :)
 
Amen to that. I am changing my activity level and slowing down. I like the marathon reference. I need to figure out how to sleep. I usually only sleep about an hour or so at a time. I know things will improve day by day.
 
Yes, one has to take sleep where and when you can get it.. Naps during the day, naps during the night time... Sleep will improve :)
 
Glad to hear everything is going well for you. This is my first time looking at the recovery area. I decided to take a look since I believe I will be having my surgery next month. How was the hip pain after surgery? I have AVN in both hips too, but no real pain in my lt hip. I had the CD on the right and it didn't work so, I'm not thinking I will go for the left if it comes down to it. Seems like we are both in the same position. Did you have a lot of other pain before deciding on surgery? I'm having pain in my knees and ankles now.
 
The hip pain after surgery was not that bad. What helped me most was hydrating well. I had some headaches which were helped by a little caffeine and lots of water. My right hip was very weak especially at the end of a day before surgery. I had a hard time sleeping at night. I am 3 weeks post op now and moving well. Most of my pain now is from over stretching my IT band while trying to remove my compression hose from my right leg. My advice - ask for help. I set myself back with that. I am doing PT three times a week and getting better each time.

I took aleve for pain before surgery and that helped for a short time. The pain was mostly at days end and at night.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom