THR RTHR 19th August 2019

Hey, :wave:
What a great update. Thank you for sharing. Driving again, back to work and reassurance from your surgeon that all is well. Fantastic!

Since you returned to work so soon, hopefully you're able to relax with your feet up at the end of the day and not do much else. It's good you're icing at night. I'm sure you're finding it beneficial.

I tended toward limping when tired early on, myself. Try heel-toe walking when you're limping. Let your heel hit the ground first followed by toes. I found it to be helpful but I did have to concentrate and get used to it.

Personally, I believe it takes a decent amount of time before your hip isn't in the forefront of your mind. At least I'm finding that to be the case. I still think of it many times a day, but most often after I do something stupid and think "maybe I shouldn't have done that?" :hissy: I shouldn't even share this but yesterday I was climbing up somewhere I shouldn't have been so I set my phone on the floor ahead of time so it was there in case I fell. Bad...I know!
Do as I suggest, NOT as I do, lol. I'm impatient, I wanted something done and didn't want to wait for hubs to get home. My bad!

You sound like you're on your way. Best thing is it gets better and better.
Have a great Thursday and please stay in touch. :)
@Dolphin777

Hey @Dolphin777 :wave:
How are you doing at almost two months post op? (tomorrow)
We'd love to read an update from you if you have time to share.
Hopefully all is well.
Wishing you a lovely weekend in your neck of the woods! :SUNsmile:

Hello
I am doing really well thank you! Yesterday I did a 4 mile challenging forest walk and had zero pain which was so exciting. I did use my cane to make sure I didn’t have a fall as it was quite muddy.
9 weeks post op now and can certainly appreciate the benefits of the surgery.
The hip is getting less stiff and I can honesty say my leg is finally starting to feel almost normal at last. I do have a pocket of swelling just behind my scar giving me a saddlebag thigh, seriously hoping that goes!
Doing the same walk on Thursday as have had no ill effects. Today I have a physio class which is useful as I can ask questions about what I can and can’t do. I am unsure whether I can lie on my tummy to sleep yet or sit crossed legged! Or cross my legs... should I wait til 3 months. I am feeling quite strong but I guess dislocation is still a small risk for a while? Hope you are all doing well. :)

Hello @Dolphin777
Awesome update. Thanks for sharing. You're doing so well!
I'm sure the swelling you've mentioned will slowly go away. I'm happy to read you had no ill effects from the walk. Bringing your cane is wise and I don't want to scare you, but go slow, not losing focus of what you're walking on. I say this because mud and the combo of muddy leaves can be very slippery. My 82 yr old mom just slipped on the same, fell and broke her ankle.
I hope you enjoyed your Physio class today and had all your questions answered. A great week to you! :wave:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you continue to do well. Please leave an update when you have time. We'd love to read of your progress over the past month.
Wishing you a great holiday season....yep it's coming!

@Dolphin777

Happy Four Month Anniversary! :happydance:
Merry Christmas! :banana-santa: Happy 2020! :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

I hope you're doing well :)
@Dolphin777

Hello and thank you !
yes 4 months today and generally doing well. I can walk for miles which is really great. I still suffer with stiffness after sitting and sometimes mild pain on climbing stairs , not arithtic pain but a sort of ache. In fact it does ache a fair bit from time to time and is still a little sore to lie for long on the operated side. My scar is doing well , fading fast but feels like it’s dipped. My scar seems to have formed a trough. I’m not explaining it well but when I feel it with my hand it’s like is a definite dip with a bump each side the length of the scar maybe it’s just swelling that will ease in time. It’s not perfect yet and progress this month has been slow and am hoping that it will continue to improve.
Merry Christmas to you all xx

Lots of improvement to come dear @Dolphin777 :tada:
The soreness after activity stuck with me for quite a while but you are doing great!!!!
Hope your Christmas is Sweet.:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member