DEL2019Sep-7
member
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2013
- Messages
- 113
Good morning All...to @Marls00 ... one more thing. You said, "I am both cautious and anxious to progress quicker ... a weird combo but that's me." What a terrific way to live life, being both excited but cautious. You, my friend, are very wise indeed!! Have a beautiful healing day, one step at a time. 
United Kingdom






I had a very sore area at the top of my scar which hurt to walk and to touch. It really got me down. Found myself reading all of the post op blues threads! I thought it must be bursitis. However I got back to seriously icing it and it is much better. Still a little sore but much easier. The last 2 days I have progressed enormously all of a sudden. I am walking about 6500 to 7500 steps a day ,quite a lot of it without a cane. I am using the cane as still working on a very slight limp but For the very first time I can feel that the arthritic pain has gone.
After 4 years of groin and buttock pain it’s quite weird to be out of pain, I keep expecting that awful pain when going upstairs but it’s gone! My hip feels less full and finally starting to feel it belongs to me again. The journey for me is 2 steps forward and than a step back before a leap forward again. It’s been very emotional too. Seeing the surgeon in 2 weeks and should be cleared to drive I hope! I actually think I could drive now but will wait to be sure. Sleeping is still a challenge but should be able to get off my back sleeping in 2 weeks, although last night in desperation I did sleep on my side with a big pillow between my knees, not for long as I was scared but it helped my back. Still wearing the compression stockings like a good girl! Can’t wait to be at 6 weeks when it seems the restrictions are lessened, driving resumes and compression stockings gone! 

