TKR Round two second knee

Good morning bonesmarties... today is a week for me since surgery. This knee has been different from my first one, better in that I knew what to expect ... different in that my pain has been more consistently here even with meds on schedule. I still find I am uncomfortable during the four hours between doses. Nausea has stalked me through this entire week with latest yesterday morning. I am going to add Tylenol arthritis to my pain meds once during day and once at night if that does not do it going to call OS for med adjustment.

I am swelling more with this knee. No difference in activity this knee. First knee, numb area in different spot. This knee it is on inside of my lower leg. Last knee it was on is on outside of knee.

I am icing 24 hours and elevating only up for bathroom breaks. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. My meds are two Lortabs every 4 hours, one 50mg Tramadol every 6 hours.
 
I'll leave it to @Josephine to advise you about your pain medications, but I will say that there is no need to continue suffering from nausea. Make sure that you eat something with each dose of pain medications, so that you're not taking them on an empty stomach. A cracker often works well.
If the nausea persists, ask your surgeon or PCP/GP for an anti-emetic, such as Zofran, to control that. I had to take Zofran all the time I was on the heavy-duty pain killers.
 
I agree with Celle. Try eating a little something when you take your pills and if that doesn't work, speak with your doctor.
My meds are two Lortabs every 4 hours
Lortab comes in three different strengths so just telling us you take two is insufficient. So which are you taking?

[Bonesmart.org] Round two second knee


one 50mg Tramadol every 6 hours
I never feel easy when people are taking two equally strong narcotics at the same time.

I'll comment again when you answer the question about the Lortab.
 
Update fellow bone smarties... since week two have experienced numbness on inside of knee down thru calf to ankle with sunburn type burning pain. My rom is good but this burning pain is awful. Today was 6 week checkup with my os. He diagnosed my pain as residual nerve pain from femoral block and prescribed gabapenten to hopefully help. Iam only posting this to help someone else. I wish I had called my os about this sooner... he tells me it usually resolves in 3 months .. have not taken the meds yet have to begin them at bedtime tonight.
 
I hope it helps the burning sensation. Keep us up dated.
 
Thank you Karri B ... I will be better about updates
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom