Guest viewing is limited

THR Riding to the other side<

I tried every dirty trick and maneuver to get her to stay here for another week, but not gonna happen

This gave me my first laugh of the day :heehee:
I'm sorry your dirty tricks didn't work but happy you got to spend the time you did with your daughter.
I hope you have a nice weekend, a lovely holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
@Lmflora
:merry christmas:
 
:wave:@Lmflora, So wonderful that your injection has helped! Yay!! Day after Christmas ride date - AWESOME!!! So excited for you!! Makes sense to go over to the arena where your girl is in training.

Exciting about picking up Melica tomorrow!! Can't wait for pictures. She will never replace your boy, but she will be a salve for your sadness and will build her own room in your heart...construction has already begun....:loveshwr: and you will have a wonderful but different relationship.

Good for you giving trying every trick to get your daughter to stay for Christmas! Gotta give it your best shot as a Mom right!?! We are without our two older kids this year, and it is TOUGH!!!

Glad your hubby has his surgery date. Nothing at this end yet for Hubby's hernia...except that it will be early to mid January. Our son has a long awaited pulmonary test Jan 23rd at the same hospital...so if same date for Hubby I can juggle that!

Hope the show is going well today. Send pics! I am going to see my boy :fasthorse: late next week. Just waiting for day and time confirmation. Am going to get a friend to come with and do the driving. Tiredness rules this recovery, so trying to be smart! Looking forward to seeing relaxation as key progress. No worries about the video. Will hopefully take more this time around and send.

Enjoy picking up Melica and the rest of the time with your daughter. Hoping Hubby is surviving until his surgery date. No fun waiting.

:santa sleigh:
 
Good morning, @Lmflora. Just got back in town after several days away with my husband, power shopping in Portland, Oregon, where there is no sales tax (and Washington has one of the highest in the nation). It was exhausting but fun at the same time. My operated hip held up well, and unoperated one did fine as well. Last night was our annual holiday outing--a show at a local community theatre, followed by dinner. Then, after dinner our kids decided to go hang out together and play Dungeons and Dragons. My husband and I weren't invited, but were happy to go home and change immediately into our bathrobes and lounge for the remainder of the evening. We're just thrilled our blended family actually like spending time with one another.

I'm guessing by now your new "baby" has arrived and you are in 7th heaven. This will help ease the pain of losing your other dog, and also perhaps make it easier to deal with your daughter's departure. I am guessing a new puppy, although a delightful addition to your household, is probably a lot of work and the distraction will be a blessing.

Glad to read that the hip injection worked, and you are feeling better--with the holidays and then your husband's upcoming surgery, plus new "baby care", you are going to need to be in fine form the next month or so--lots on your plate! Cheers, and happy to hear that overall things are going great for you! Happy holidays!
 
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Leave an update when you gave time. Would love to read of your progress.
A great rest of the week to you!
@Lmflora
 
Hello BS friends, @Alitm, @Barbaraj, @Layla,
Checking in, hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I have been quite busy with the new puppy, Melica, whom we call “Melly” she is quite a handful, took four nights of temper tantrums before she would sleep in her kennel, I did NOT break down and pull her into bed with me, as tempting as it was. I finally talked to a dog trainer, and i worked on it for a day and that night she slept until she had to go potty. Sleeping mostly through the night, but I do get up to let her out once. She is my sweet little girl.

@Alitm I rode the horse today for the first time, it was awesome. I was able to get on without a mounting block. WOOHOO !!!!!! Complete satisfaction. The picture is not very spectacular, but very significant, as I am, taking it from her back not standing on the sidelines!

Total depression when my daughter left, I was exhausted, not sleeping from puppy, and I did that mom thing I swore i would not do, cry my eyes out. But all is well.

The hip flexor injection (@Josephine) has been a total success. I can put my pants on standing up now. Absolutely no pain when I do anything with that tendon. Not sure what the long term outcome will be, will this last, or will it come back.? Even if it does, I am game for another injection. It was totally worth having it feel better now. I realize how weak the right leg has become due to not using it from the tendonitis. I will have to make sure this problem is addressed permanently. Can’t believe what I missed out on.

Cheers
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Riding to the other side<
    10BB6453-DAC6-408E-B1DE-BDE3ED394083.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 264
  • [Bonesmart.org] Riding to the other side<
    0C1B0824-E071-40D8-AE0F-36899B4D637E.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 257
Hello @Lmflora I've been MIA on the forum due to hurricane force winds last Thursday, no electricity for a few days and major tree damage, as well as fencing damage. We got power back on Sunday but internet and landline kept dropping, so I gave up trying to finish a post here or check in with anyone.

So thrilled to hear that you rode!! How did that feel? I'm so jealous that you got on from the ground!!! Just kidding! I keep reminding myself that your girl is smaller than my boys!!! Of course I want the details....did you walk, trot and canter? Any fancy moves? How did it feel? Did any muscles feel tight? Or did it all feel like you never left the saddle? :happydance: So excited for you!!!

Such great news about the injection working brilliantly for your tendonitis! :yay:

Melly is just so gorgeous:) Love the baby blanket in the corner of the picture!!! LOL!!! We forget how little they are and how the lack of sleep goes!!

So hard to see our kids go. I cry too!!! Sometimes better to let it out than keep it in right?!! :boohoo:

I am going to post about my going ons on my thread...but will tell you I'm heading out, with a friend driving, to see my boy tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see how he is doing! I'm driving but don't want to do the mountain pass and the hours drive just yet myself.
 
@Alitm
I’ll PM you with the details about the ride. Somewhere between puppy play time, puppy lessons, and puppy nap time
:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
You sound splendid.
So happy for all the good things you have going on!
:horseriding:
:doggie:
Almost had the horse running over the dog...:flabber:

Hope you have a great weekend!:yes:
 
Hi there, :wave:
You're doing great @Lmflora Thanks for the update.
Your puppy is adorable!
I hope you have a nice Friday and a great weekend! :SUNsmile:
 
Hey, good morning, @Lmflora. Sounds like you've been busy (I'm guessing having a new puppy is like having a baby in the house--oh, those sleepless nights!) but Melly is definitely adorable looking and I'm sure you're besotted with her. And you've even been able to get back on your horse--that's so cool! I am sure it felt like a huge accomplishment and something you've been looking forward to for such a long time--hurray for you!

Glad you survived the holidays, and I can appreciate how sad you must be when your daughter left. I feel so blessed that all my children are now living near us so no tearful departures any more. I hope your daughter will come for a visit soon--does she have any plans to move back to the immediate area in the future?

Glad the hip injection (still can't fathom that--sounds painful but if it works, all worth it) is doing its job and the tendonitis has gone by the wayside. Are you doing some sort of strengthening program so that the problem will resolve itself without the need for more injections? I know you are weak because of the hip issues, but now you've got two new bionic hips so maybe with some further work you'll regain your strength and flexibility. Sounds like PT might be a good idea?

Anyway, glad to hear things are going well for you--and happy three month anniversary! I completely overdid it on my anniversary and paid the price by day's end. But rested up yesterday so feeling better today. Gotta remember that three months isn't full recovery and I need to be sensible, which is hard to do when you otherwise feel pretty darn good. Cheers, and happy Friday!
 
Hey @Lmflora
It feels like we haven't heard from you in f-o-r-e-v-e-r!
I hope you had a nice Christmas and are doing well so far in the New Year.
Wishing you all the best and especially a Happy Four Month Anniversary!
 
Hey, @Lmflora, as @Layla reminded me in a post on my thread, we are officially 4 months out from surgery today! Yay for us! You haven't posted for awhile, but I believe it's probably because you are busy and active, and feeling great. Hurray for you--and best wishes, my fellow recovering hipster!
 
:wave:Four months...hopefully busy getting back to life!
Wishing you all the best!:ok:
 
Hi there all, I guess we’re almost 5 months out now @Barbaraj, I have not been on the BS forum for awhile. Between hubby surgery in January, and everything else I just did not make time to visit with all of you (@Alitm, @Mojo333 @Layla) on this great support system. I’ll give the run down one at a time.

1. Most important HORSE! (@Alitm) I finally got back to riding regularly, I brought my mare home and trailered back and forth from cutting lessons. I was really getting it, feeling confidant and loving it. So I was going to show in my first cutting on Feb 16, got a hotel room, brought the puppy, .rode the horse in the practice pen on Friday the 15th. Well fate has a way of screwing things up. Saturday morning before the show, I was walking the puppy, when I slipped on the ice, and broke my left wrist. Had to have surgery on Wednesday, put in plate and screws. So no more horse for awhile. I was sobbing in the ER, with pure anger and total disappointment, not from pain, just deflated. So now I have more time for BS forum.....

2. Melly is a sweetheart, but for an Australian shepard (she is the 6th one I have had the privilege to love) she is a firecracker, she is more like a nervous little border collie. Constantly into everything, everywhere, not a moment can she be left to herself. Very demanding in time. Very smart, pretty much housebroken. Need long walks, which at this point is about all I can do with my broken wrist.

3. Hubby surgery, went well, he is just now moving out of sling to ROM PT, this one was not nearly as bad as the first.

4. My new left hip is awesome. Totally happy with it. The right hip flexor tendonitis was totally gone, until about a week ago, and now it is coming back. I can still lift my leg, but it is definitely sore. I go back for follow up on 3-29, It might coordinate well with my wrist, get an injection as I gain more strength in my wrist.

Anyway, I’ll take time to go over to your threads and check in
Cheers
 
:wave:
Good to see you on the forum, but oh my stars...what a terrible disappointment for you - with the mishap resulting in your broken wrist.:oyvey:
I should bet that really hurt.
Glad to hear hubby is healing well.

I was ever so excited for you that you were back to your passion, and hope all heals quickly so you will get back to it very soon.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow as they put some more metal in you.:sigh:
Do let us know how you are getting on.
 
Well, @Lmflora, your reasons for not having been on this forum for ages is completely understandable--you've been busy, and "life intervenes" so often that it makes sense that you're just now getting back on. Sounds like a wonderful return to riding and then the unfortunate accident with a broken wrist--argh! I hope it heals quickly and you'll be back riding as soon as possible. Today is our five month mark from surgery, and despite your broken wrist, you seem to be doing really well--hurray! Take care of yourself, and here's to continued healing for all of us.
 
Hi @Lmflora
I'm so sorry to read about your fall and resulting wrist fracture. It sounds like a a serious one involving screws and a plate. I sensed your anguish and disappointment.
It's great that your hip has been healing well. Sorry to hear tendinitis is making a re-appearance. I hope it resolves quickly.
Thanks for updating, it was nice to hear from you.
Enjoy the rest of the week :flwrysmile:
 
Hi there, I was so encouraged to see that you were riding a ton, and then read on to see you broke your wrist....I am so sorry! That was definitely something to get teary about in the ER, yikes. Sending tons of positive thoughts your way for speedy healing. Hopefully you can have another injection for your tendon issue that is starting up again. Keep us posted. Hope your hubby is healing well too.
Your pup sounds like a handful. Great that she is so smart though!
I have not been on the forum for over a month except for a quick visit. My brother has been very ill in Bermuda, and I went to be with him last month. Sadly he passed away. His Celebration of Life was last weekend, so I went back to Bermuda for that...just there for three days. Crazy travel. My other brother died in 2008, so it has been a rough time. I'm going to post more on my thread.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom