Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Revision

I am sorry you have to endure another surgery / recovery. Please share your journey with us, we'll be here to support you through all. Best Wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery. :)
@Bogey26
 
Thinking of you today and hope your surgery and recovery are uneventful.
Please let us know how you're doing once you're resting comfortably at home.
Best Wishes!
@Bogey26
 
I’m 3 weeks post op and on the road to recovery. This was a re-revision, the 3rd surgery on my left hip . The complex surgery was 5-1/2 hours long and according to surgeon, my hip was pretty bad in there. I was discharged after two days and managing well at home with pain at 3-4 level at the most, but not often. Remarkably, I did not take any narcs but only high dosage of ibuprofen and Tylenol. Instructed to remain in 50% weight bearing with use of a walker for another month. I’ve had 4 sessions of PT so far which is causing minimal pain that can be handled. The PT exercises are mild given that I’m restricted to 50% weight bearing. Therapist mostly has been massaging my leg and having me do ankle pumps to help reduce the leg swelling, as well as heel slides. I changed surgeons for this surgery (previous surgeon did the past five surgeries for right and left hips), and I’m praying for full recovery and quality of life.
 
Last edited:
I’m in week four post op, so far so good but trying to be patient during the healing process. Mind says go go go, but body says no no no. Swelling has subsided. Still feeling mild pain in the glutes, in the hip area, as well as pain in the side of lower leg. I’m hoping the pain in lower leg is not because of an existing bulging disk (spinal stenosis)…guess I’ll know more at my next appt in two weeks with my surgeon. Even though this is my 6th surgery, I’m trying to be very mindful of Bonesmart’s “Big Tip” to let the hip heal on its own pace.
 
trying to be patient during the healing process. Mind says go go go, but body says no no no.
Good for you listening to your body! It can be so hard to be patient, but you know from experience that it's the right thing to do.

Please let us know how things go at your follow-up with your surgeon.
 
Recovery is going well but slow. Swelling in my ankle and foot has subsided but I have a sensation in my foot of the operated side. It feels like a tight band is wrapped around my foot. Has anyone experienced this?
 
I’m 8 weeks post op and overall, recovering going well. Swelling subsided considerably. However, there is some numbness in my lower leg and my ankle feels like there is a tight band around it. My surgeon says that it’s due to the muscle being stretched during surgery to help correct a leg length discrepancy. I’m hoping and praying that the numbness is a temporary situation and the numbness will go away. Has anyone experienced this? This is the third revision on my left hip.
 
You've been through a lot. Since it's still early into your recovery, hopefully you will begin to notice increased sensation as your surgeon maintains you will. It's only two months since the revision leaving a lot of time for improvement. Wishing you all the best as you continue healing. Thank you for the update, please stay in touch.
@Bogey26
 
Happy TWO YEAR Anniversary of your Right THR revision! I hope all continues to go well for you.
Hopefully you're making nice progress with your Left THR revision, which was one month ago today.
Take good care and have a nice weekend! :wave:
@Bogey26
 
Wow! What a story! I admire you and wish you all the best!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom