I've never heard of an AlterG before. I see they have one in North Easton as well, which is closer than Hopkinton.
The exercises I was doing there: I started on the table on my back with a 3 lb. wt. (worked up to that from 1 lb). Left leg bent, wt. on right (operated) leg. Lifted it for 3 sets of 10. Everything is 3 sets of 10.
On my side I then did side legs lift with the operated leg and the wt. 3 lbs. was too much so switched back to 2.
Then moved the wt. to the knee area and did a clam shell exercise, I'm assuming you know what I mean.
On my stomach did leg lifts with the leg straight and at a 45 degree angle.
Moved to the leg extension and flexion machines.
Then balanced on a disc, started with two feet, which got too easy, so was doing one leg at a time.
Next I laid down on my back on a bench and pushed the weight away from me. It was a foam covered bar attached to the weight machine. Did that with both legs.
On the same machine, I stood and with the bar adjusted down around my shins I lifted the legs, one at time naturally, to the front, side and back. It seemed to be the side lifts that were the killers and probably those combined with the lying side lifts with weights.
Then I used what he called the sports chords. They are attached to the wall and you strap them to your waist and walk out against the resistance - to the front, to both sides, and walking backwards. You can increase the resistance by adding chords. I was up to three.
And that was the workout.
The pain is usually right around the incision (and the area where all the tissue was removed). It aggravates the tissue which hasn't healed yet, I'm guessing. Sometimes I get stem pain/pain in the quad. but that usually goes away more quickly than the pain in the butt and side of the hip.
I am to do exercises at home, which I was given for the last surgery. I haven't pulled them out yet because it was just yesterday that I last went to PT and am giving it a few days to settle down before I do anything else.
If you can give me any tips or exercises I would LOVE it!
Hope you can understand my explanations of what I was doing. Thank you so much for offering to do this. I decided to do it on here in case anyone else could benefit.