Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rene’s left knee

Oooh you accomplished a real recovery milestone!!!
I agree - celebrate the to-be-mom's day by planning ahead what tasks you can delegate to visiting family (and be willing to let them do it!) and plan specific time to retreat to your icing.
Mazel tov on your expected grandbaby!!!
 
next weekend is a big event and I’m going to have to wear real clothes and shoes and sit up straight and socialize.
This made me chuckle. :heehee: Oh No! Real clothes and shoes and sitting up straight. It probably will feel like a job after all of the lounging around in comfy clothes we tend toward in early recovery. :wink:
I am guessing your sister and SIL will be a big help since you're recovering. Don't be shy to ask for help when you need it so you're able to enjoy the shower and not land in the ODIC (Over Did It Club) afterward.
Congrats on the the first grandchild. So exciting and such a blessing!
 
Update on my recovery - the last time I posted I mentioned I was preparing for a long day as I was hosting my daughter’s baby shower. It was a beautiful day. I made it through the day with the help of my friends and relatives.

I am now 7 weeks post op. I feel like I have healed enough to begin doing some longer walks and do more exercise than I am currently doing. I am also beginning to taper off the pain medication. I have fibromyalgia and was prescribed Gabapentin 3 x day w Tylenol. This is to help with nerve pain. I still have some hot spots around my knee that cause me considerable pain. My ROM was 118 at my last PT session and the extension is 5.

My mental health is good. I have not felt depressed. I continue to focus on my diet. I feel like I’m doing just fine. I wish I could sleep more though.
 
@Naomi60 I'm glad you are doing fine it's a long hard journey to a full recovery. Take care jcx
 
That's a great 7 week update!

As you increase your activity, make sure to do it in small increments and to continue to ice and elevate.
 
I wish I could sleep more though.
Hi there Naomi :wave:
It's good to hear from you again. Thanks for the update!
Re: the sleep quote above - Have you read about, tried, or considered Magnesium? If not, I will leave some info and also tag @mendogal to come back and share some ideas she's provided on the forum before.
Wishing you the restorative rest you're hoping for...with sweet dreams! :sleep: Enjoy the weekend!

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)


An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/
 
Hello,
I’m 8 weeks post op and having some crying jag moments as I get weaned from the pain pills. Down to one a day but I get weepy from time to day and irritable. I am not sleeping well at all and I am somewhat bored. I’m starting to go back to my art studio for an hour or two at the most. But I don’t really want to be there yet. Really all I want to do is sleep and I can’t. Very frustrating. I sleep for maybe 3 hours before I wake up.
 
Aww...and it's your two month anniversary, so sorry you're feeling down. Thankfully all you mentioned is common and temporary. I hope the blues fade and sleep improves soon.
Hugs and best wishes. Happy Two Month Anniversary, Naomi :console2:
@Naomi60
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Naomi!
How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better and getting more sleep since the last time you posted.
Leave an update as time allows, we'd love to read about your progress.
Have a wonderful weekend!
@Naomi60
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom