Guest viewing is limited

THR Relieved it's over<

Status
Not open for further replies.
My follow up app is not until the middle of December. I will contact my gp again about my medication. Thank you.
 
I saw my gp and he changed my meds slightly. I am taking 2 30/500 co codamol up to 8 a day and he changed the diclofenac to 2 ibuprofen 400 mg 4 times a day. I have been taking this combination for a few weeks now and I feel I have taken a few steps back. I am in more pain now than I have been in the past 6 weeks.
Seems like you could do with Tramadol instead of the codeine.
 
Now I'm really worried!!! Was at my GP today and I spoke to him about pain I have at the top of my thigh and my buttock. He said it sounds like there is a problem with my hip replacement. I'm trying not to panic because this is the GP that told me I had mild arthritis when I was bone on bone. My appointment with my consultant is not until 7 Dec, my GP did suggest that I go for an x ray but I didn't really want him involved in diagnosing as this is obviously not his speciality. I did have a problem with my knee but that seems better. Has anyone e experienced pain like this 10/11 weeks post op.
 
@Tortmad go for the x-ray. Your GP will not be diagnosing you. A specialist radiographer will analyse your x-ray and send the report to your GP.

I really would not panic at this point (easy for me to say I know). Your GP does not know anything more than you do. Get that x-ray and at least then you will know how you need to proceed.
 
A specialist radiographer
A radiographer takes xrays, it's a radiologist (doctor) who analyses them and makes the report.
I have slight leg length difference and its difficult walking. It causes pain in my good leg and waist.
Is this still a problem? It could well be the source of your pain.

Or this
7. At home: when lying down - slide leg out to the side and back x 20
Put foot flat on bed and bend knee up as far as comfortable x 20
The above is done 3 times a day
Stretch unoperated leg pointing toes as hard as I can x10 I do this every hour
Are you still doing these exercises?
 
I stopped doing those exercises. Now what I do is walk. I go out for a short walk every day. I felt really low few weeks ago. I felt that I had taken a few steps backwards but the other day I felt I had improved greatly. I was so pleased and I think the reason for the improvement was I noticed a drastic difference in the swelling. I still have a slight leg difference but since the swelling has improved the leg difference had decreased slightly so I felt really positive about that as well.

I have always had the pain in my thigh and buttock and it gets worse when I walk but it's always there. Pain level never more than a 3 to a 4. I was really shocked when my GP said that to me because I felt I had made an improvement.
 
Oh I'm so pleased you feel like you're improving. That's such a big step forward (pardon the pun!). But don't get down if you find you have a little step backwards now and again because that is quite normal too. You've done exactly the right thing in stopping the exercising and just doing little walks instead. Just increase them slowly and gently, that's the way to go.
 
Hi everyone I had my 3 month review in December and the consultant thought the pain is due to muscle swelling. Since then I have come on great, I went back to work last week (3 day week 5 hours a day for a month). I have days where I have a bit of pain in my hip but I would say at worse it's a 3. I appreciate it can take up to a year for c complete recovery. One thing I have noticed is that occasionally, when I'm standing, it feels as if the hip is about to slip out the socket and then moves back. It is not painful. Has anyone else experienced this?
 
@Tortmad Hi there so glad you are feeling better and back at work. A bit of pain is quite normal as our muscles are still healing and after standing for a while I should think they are complaining a bit LOL ! Don't know about the odd sensation in the hip as I haven't had that however I'm sure Josephine will give you an answer. Good Luck for a continued recovery.
 
Thank you. It is a relief to be at this point. I never thought I would be so happy to be able to put a sock on again and be able to walk the length of my street without stopping or crying after a day at work. This operation has been such a wonderful gift, even with the odd twinge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom