TKR Referred pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that clicking and thunking is all perfectly normal and to be somewhat expected---remember now that you knee is not made of soft cartilage any more---it is metal and plastic.

It should subside in time as the musculature around it becomes stronger and larger.
 
My TKR knee started popping a few weeks back, and I am 6 months post op. The knee was irritated/inflamed for unknown reasons. I was slightly concerned, but those funky clicks & pops went away as mysteriously as they came.
 
I think my knee is a bit inflamed too as it is swollen and sore on one side maybe because I might have been overdoing it with the gardening projects even though I was limiting myself to 2 hours per day with lots of rest afterwards. Anyways I am going back to basics- icing and physio and taking it easy to see if it will rectify itself. Also did see the doctor about my lower back and went for xrays; OA in my back and SI joint as well and going for physio for that too now. It does seem to be helping.
 
You're right. 2 hours a day of gardening is too much for your knee at this early stage.

Well done for recognising that and going back to basics. Don't forget to elevate while you're icing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom