Recovery time estimate for teachers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uva55 Just the change from being home to being at work will be tough. I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'm waiting to see how I'm doing until I get closer to the days of I service to make a decision. And August 10th is just around the corner! EEK,


Katrina
Two ACL surgeries on left knee (March 2001 & May 2006)
RTKR ---15 December 2015
LTKR--- 12 July 2016
 
Greetings all ! I haven't been on in a bit. I'm approaching week 8 and still doing pretty well. After meeting with surgeon I am extending my return to work at college by 2 weeks. Still having regular pain especially late afternoon /evening and moderate swelling. I work afternoon into early evening. I also commute to work 37 miles each way 4 days/ weekly. Will see how it goes and if too much, will try more gradual schedule.
I have a question about PT. I go twice weekly and mostly okay. He did use a stainless steel implement to work on my knee area and it was quite painful and discomfort from it lasted a couple of days. Wondering if I should ask that he not use and stick to hand massage rather than that. Thoughts? What is purpose of those implements? Also Installed going to a local pool 2x weekly and that feels great for doing simple bends and stretching.
Take care all.
Cindy
 
I never allowed the PT to do anything to my knee that caused me any pain. If you are having so much pain afterwards then you will be much better off not letting home continue to do that again. The only massage that worked for me was some gentle soft tissue massage. I would also suggest that once you are back at work to stop PT altogether. Getting ready, commuting and working will be all the exercise you will need to do. I found at the end of the day I just wanted to come home, ice and elevate.
 
Thanks for feedback. Yes, I said today "No more with the stainless steel implement"! Good thought to stop PT once I return to work. I will be totally wiped!
 
@Caaot ..... a reminder that questions like you asked above should be made in your recovery thread and not in someone else's. It tends to take a thread off topic. This type of information is part of YOUR recovery journey and it's best to be documented in your thread. Thanks!!:thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom