THR Recovery stage 2

Hello again all my fellow the buddies. 6 months post op now and have a lot more range of movement... Can even cut my toenails now! Had an ingrown toenail removed 4 weeks ago, having biomechanical assessment for orthotics once it has healed completely and hoping this might help this continuing pain in my waist bone/pelvis/sacroiliac! The aches I had with these areas were there before I developed arthritis, so fingers crossed it will help. Getting a bit worried about this now as its getting worse not better. Hip pain really sorted though...can't believe how lucky I am

Isn't it glorious. That horrid Hip pain gone!
Yay for you, and thanks for letting us know how you are doing.
Hope things continue to get better as it is for me also.:wowspring:

Hi again .Last problem sorted just about. Tingly feelings still there but v very slowly improving. Have from out of the blue started having severe aches around the scar/glutes area. Almost feels as if it's swollen sometimes. I'm an optimistic person and was wondering whether this was muscle recovering and had moved into a new stage...things knitting together and pulling and aching? My 12 month appointment for 28th July was cancelled until 21st December so can't say hip is all ok but doesn't feel 'structural '. Anyone else had this or anything like it?

@april26 have your started any new activities lately? More exercise or hiking? Does icing and elevation take address this feeling?

Nothing much different at all. I am a stone heavier though but then I was 3 months ago with no problems? Just feels SO different not in a good way, almost like a burning around the top of the scar but the scar hasn’t caused anything I would call discomfort AT ALL until this

Hi there April 26,

It could be that you have some nerves that are starting to wake up. There are many smaller nerves (and on big one) around the incision area and where the muscles are stretched. When nerves wake up it can be painful at times. Happened to me when my hip was scoped around the front incision (1 of 3). The pain felt more than skin deep.

My PT also suggested that scar tissue is stiff and takes time to break down and become pliable. In any event, the pain went away eventually... though it took some months.

Cheers

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks