microwv
junior member
2 Weeks Post-Op
The important thing for me is it's a ROM that lets me do most things I want to do.
So far, I can say that my recovery has been mostly average, based on my readings of the active threads. I definitely consider that a good thing.
). Not much of an issue as I had already cut back a lot on my meds..
. I had chills and diarrhea . I am now doing 1/2 of a dose in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. Working better, but still have milder versions of the symptoms mentioned (but tolerable).
. Since I have such poor extension (20) even after surgery, it's difficult to sleep on my back (which is what I prefer). I now try to sleep on my side part of the night, but that only works for about 1/2 hr. then the knee starts to ache. So then I rotate positions. Seems like I am constantly rotating positions all night long. Bottom line is I get about 5 hrs. sleep a night.
United States
. Since I have such poor extension (20) even after surgery, it's difficult to sleep on my back (which is what I prefer). I now try to sleep on my side part of the night, but that only works for about 1/2 hr. then the knee starts to ache. So then I rotate positions." 
. I feel guilty watching my wife having to do all of the chores that I typically do. We don't have any options and she's OK with it, but just can't help the guilty feeling
.
. She had her surgery done 2 days before me. Right now, I am at 8 ext. and 110 flex., which admittedly is better than before surgery. I was at 20 ext. and 110 flex. before surgery. I'm just frustrated and want to get back to some type of normalcy (I know it takes time). It wasn't just that 1 case. Seems like I'm more the exception than the rule at my PT class.