Guest viewing is limited

THR Recovery going really well

You are doing so great...way ahead of where I am on recovery, and my surgery date was June 3.
 
After a looong break, I thought I'd make a few notes here. It's about 15 months post-op now. I'm concious that a lot of people here are having difficulties, and I wish them the very best. But for me, the operation and recovery went like a dream. I've all but forgotten the operation and all that went before it.
Since the operation I've resumed playing tennis, and I'm playing to a higher level than I ever did before. I also played a little football (although other bodily parts struggle with the intensity of that). I've skied down the blackest of slopes, and also off-piste. I go for occasional long cycles (80km or so). All without feeling anything on the hip.
I'm 61 years old, and I really have a new lease of life.
What's the key to this? I guess I was always fit and active, and quite small and light. I started doing reformer Pilates before the operation and I'm still doing it now, I think that's a major factor. It helps so much with building up the muscles around the hips, and the whole core.
I hope this shows people what the operation *can* do, if anyone is hesitating.
 
Thank you for popping in with a fabulous update!

Yes people definitely benefit from success stories like yours. Best wishes for continuing high level living!
 
We greatly appreciate success stories as that offer a glimpse of what life can be like after joint replacement surgery. So many of our newer members can be fearful that their lives are forever going to be dominated by their joints and stories like yours ensure they know that a great life is possible. Thanks!!!
 
Wonderful recovery story. Well done for taking a moment to come back and provide such a lovely update. This will be so beneficial for people!
 
Hello Leftie, it is nice to hear from you.
Thanks for taking the time to share such an inspiring update. This will encourage many following behind you.
A belated Happy One Year Anniversary!
@Leftie
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom