THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

Help! 8 days post-surgery with no BM. My new hip is healing well, so I'm good on that front. I've been taking Miralax and stool softener since surgery on the 8th. Two days ago, I started taking Milk of Magnesia and large glass of prune juice with a bran muffin every day. Drinking lots of water. Nothing is working. When should I contact my OS regarding this issue?

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
From what I have read, I would call on Monday, if there is nothing despite the muffin and prune juice.
May I suggest corn? While your body does not digest it, it gets things moving. Air pop it is great to.
Hope this resolves for you!
 
Bean soup...lots of water...still took things a while to get "regular"
 
Thanks for the tips, @sequin98 and @Mojo333. I'll try the bean soup and the corn. My hubby just made the. Bonesmart recipe for constipation relief (unprocessed bran, prune juice, and applesauce). We'll see if this does the trick tomorrow morning.


Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Sure is miserable...I truly sympathize..makes everything stressful when you have that NOT going on.
Make sure you drink lots, although it increases those journeys to the bathroom.
Much sympathy.
 
Day 9- Hurray! Things FINALLY started moving! I give credit to the BoneSmart recipe. I was beginning to think that I was going to have to visit the ER. As with most things, patience wins. But I will admit that I was on the verge of panic when it finally happened. One more obstacle overcome in my journey to 2 good hips.

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Absolutely may sound strange if no one has been through it @southernlass. But not only is it uncomfortable, it can lead to some health issues.

Hope you have a good weekend and your mobility does well.
 
Happy Saturday @southernlass
Yahoo for you know what :heehee:
Bet it gives you a new outlook for the day.
Hope it's a good one!
 
Happy Saturday @southernlass
Yahoo for you know what :heehee:
Bet it gives you a new outlook for the day.
Hope it's a good one!
It sure does! I feel like a different person. Have a great weekend. The sun is out here and it looks to be a glorious day![emoji16]

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
:egypdance:Yay for everything GOING well.
I too celebrated.
One more CHECK...off the list.
I'd stay on stool softeners...my issues wanted to resurface over those first weeks.
 
Thanks @Mojo333. I will stay the course with laxative meds until I'm off the pain meds.

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Good idea.:yes:
Hope you are having a better day!
Heal:) :-) (:ing hugs
 
Back
Top Bottom