THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

Thanks @hikejunkie ! I had a good night. I get to go home this afternoon. Yippee!

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Yay for going home!! I’m glad. I found it much easier getting into car with right leg.

It does make a difference having been through it once already. I find myself much calmer, more prepared.
 
Wow - I turn my back and you are already going home! Well done @southernlass ! Easy does it - the transition from having everything done for you to going it on your own can be a bit daunting at first. Just take things slow and steady.
 
Hi @southernlass
I'll bet you're either home or in the process.
So much nicer recovering in your own space.
Hoping you've been resting comfortably and that your pain is well controlled.
Wishing you a peaceful relaxing weekend! Keep in touch. We'd love to follow your journey.
 
Just got home and am now ensconced in my new lift recliner. Quite comfy. Ice on hip and waiting for pharmacy to call so my hubby can pick up my meds. They're running about 1 1/2 hours behind. I was supposed to have tramadol at 2:30, but missed it. Hope I don't end up missing the 4:30 norco! Feeling good right now and want to stay that way!

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Well, unfortunately I developed a spinal headache a few hours after I got home on Saturday. Terrible ache and stiffness in the back of my neck going up into the back of my skull. It is agonizing at times. I had one 23 years ago after giving birth to my 3rd child. They did a spinal blood patch for that one because I was still in the hospital when it developed. I'm drinking lots of fluid, but it's also making me nauseous. I vomited sometime in the wee hours this morning and the pain tablet that I'd taken 3 hours earlier also came up.intact. Hip seems to be doing fine. Anyone have any suggestions regarding the spinal headache? @Josephine? Thanks in advance!

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
@southernlass So sorry you are suffering from that horrid headache. Have you called your surgeon's office or the hospital? They might be able to give you something to ease this. At least anti-nausea meds!
 
I've been taking anti-nausea meds since I got sick in the hospital.
@Josephine and @Jaycey thanks for the quick response. Sounds like it's one of those just grin and bear it things. I just keep telling myself that it will be over soon. Sleeping a lot, so I'm grateful for that.

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
I had one of those years ago and the only thing that brought any relief was staying horizontal.
 
Hi @southernlass

I'm so sorry! It has to be miserable. I pray you soon find relief.
Look up "How To Cope With A Spinal Headache" under - Wiki How
See if any of those methods work.....

Wishing you well!
 
I had one of those years ago and the only thing that brought any relief was staying horizontal.
That seems to do the trick, @MammaT, so I guess I'll just surrender to it until it gets better[emoji25][emoji856]

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Glad to read that you are home. So sorry that you are suffering with your head. I hope it eases soon. :flwrysmile:
 
Hope things have eased today.
Rough start to getting home.
Wishing you a better week.:console2:
 
Finally got rid of the spinal headache! Now to tackle the constipation...6 days and counting. I ate a bran muffin this morning and just took my first dose of MOM. Hoping that things will move along soon![emoji857]

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
My 17 year old is doing prep today for a colonoscopy - I'd offer to send a copy of the instructions but my guess is that could be disastrous so soon after a THR! The one kernel of information from it, though, is that my son's gastroenterologist and mine both use a combination of Bisacodyl and Miralax to clean you out (but in much higher doses than that listed on the labels).
 
Wonderful news you got rid of that horrid headache!
Fingers crossed on the other issue :fingersx:
Hope all else is going as well as can be expected.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
@southernlass
 
Back
Top Bottom