TKR Recovering from TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone, things have changed! I was going to have my second knee done January 16, but now is just a terrible time for me and actually meaning my husband and I. We are putting an offer I on a house so if it goes through ill need these months to do some packing and moving. In the meantime, the doc is going to inject some gel substance in there to hopefully carry me to April. I'm having it done on tax day! April 15th. Kinda funny! I just have to be good enough to go to Asia March 2015 which should be almost a year if I have it done this April. Lots of challenges coming up but they are good ones. My hubby and I have resolved a huge conflict in our lives by consolidating residences, so please pray we get this house! Right now in the Bay Area there are multiple offers on houses.
 
Well good and bad. We had our first ones a week apart, and I'm due for my 2nd next week, so we were going to recover more or less together. However, I know about the Bay Area market from friends, so go for it. And enjoy your new home. You can follow my whining, starting sometime after the 17th.
 
Well good and bad. We had our first ones a week apart, and I'm due for my 2nd next week, so we were going to recover more or less together. However, I know about the Bay Area market from friends, so go for it. And enjoy your new home. You can follow my whining, starting sometime after the 17th.

Aww...good luck! I know so many people who are having surgery that week! It's crazy. Please keep us posted here. I'm jealous in that you'll be getting this over with before me. You'll be feeling great by the time I go under the knife. :) hugs
 
Laura,
Good luck buying the house. It is a seller's market right now, as you know, so multiple bids are the norm.
I hope the Synvisc injection (assuming that is what you are getting) helps carry you through the next few months. I had Synvisc & Orthovisc injections before my TKR, and they worked well. But I did notice that subsequent injections were less effective. I think I was getting them for about 3 years.

Cheers,
Roger
 
Thanks Roger. Frankly, I am hoping to put this surgery off completely for another year. Maybe these injections will work on my left knee because it's not as bad as my right one was. We have a trip to china planned in 3/2015...I would LOVE to make it until after then, but we will see!
 
Laura,
Yes, the Fed is keeping the interest rates down. So that keeps the buyers interested. But many people are reluctant to sell, so the inventory is still low, which pushes prices up. Kind of a double whammy. Good luck!

Roger
 
Trust me, I know how it works! lol We have several homes and I've dealt with real estate all my life. We have to move now. Thanks for your info though...you never know...I might've been clueless. :P
 
Good luck on the house! Where is it at? If you could wait another year with your knee that would be great! Synvisc worked for me doe 5 years!
Cathy
 
Trust me, I know how it works! lol We have several homes and I've dealt with real estate all my life. We have to move now. Thanks for your info though...you never know...I might've been clueless. :P
Jeez, Laura. Lighten up. Nobody is disputing your knowledge of real estate. I think you are reading too deep into it. I was just trying to make conversation.

I just had 11 teeth extracted, so I don't think I'll post here for awhile. Instead, I'm gonna go hang out on the denture wearer's forum ...
 
SFBaySailor Ouch, take good care of yourself. I don't think there's anything much worse than dental surgery.

Dorothy
 
Jeez, Laura. Lighten up. Nobody is disputing your knowledge of real estate. I think you are reading too deep into it. I was just trying to make conversation.

I just had 11 teeth extracted, so I don't think I'll post here for awhile. Instead, I'm gonna go hang out on the denture wearer's forum ...

I'm sorry Roger if you misinterpreted my words. I'm very animated in the way I talk and sometimes it comes across the wrong way. In no way did I mean anything negative! I know you're dealing with a lot, and I'm sorry for that. I know how physical pain can color one's view of things. I hope you're getting better! I just now noticed this and am not getting my alerts via email for some reason.
 
Laura,
I'm sorry that I came on so strong in my reply. I'm sure you didn't mean anything negative. Yes, I've been going through quite a bit lately, and I need to learn how to cope with it. Things will get better.

Roger
 
Aww it's ok. I really do understand. My poor husband got an earful sometimes when I was in pain. You poor thing. I hope you start feeling better very soon! I only logged in here because I went to the dentist the other day and remembered you were going to have all that work done. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom