THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And @Layla , my husband uses the same expression--- this will all be in the rear view mirror by tomorrow afternoon. The waiting is the hardest part...
 
So yesterday was the big day. I did not have the general anesthesia problem that I had last year with shivering and shaking. But the pain is real, folks. I took 1/2 a Norco last night but it didn't seem to help very much. The OS said that I had a lot of bursitis in that hip. I know he'll be calling me later to check on me, so I already have my list of questions for him. I seem to have groin pain that I didn't have last year so I'm wondering if that's coming from the bursitis. Now I need the next 2 weeks go by because I seemed to turn a corner then. Best of luck and good healing to everyone out here in BoneSmart land!
 
Welcome to the other side and congratulations on your new hip.
Now you can focus on your recovery.
:loveshwr:
 
Wonderful to hear you are through the surgery and hopefully will be recovering a little each day :wave: I really appreciate you taking time to relay your experiences to us all. As someone who will be experiencing my first hip replacement next month, I find it so reassuring to hear that cope even though it is painful. Thank you!
 
Just checking to see how you are progressing now that it has been almost a month. I hope your groin pain is gone and you are able to enjoy some of the nicer weather. You may want to consider joining the Insiders Club so you can start a recovery thread and journal your recovery. Please see the Membership Page for details.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom