Guest viewing is limited

Questions galore! & Second Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately, for me that Aspergers OCD husband of mine can not stand a messy house and vacuums, mops and dusts like no ones business! I do love to cook and eat! :yes!:

We "heart" him! lol Every home should have one. :heehee: I love to cook and eat as well!
 
The older one will still be knocking on the door for dinner when he moves out, so I will have that comfort and annoyance
He loves your cooking! and the meals you prepare...its like a mothers love! I think that' s what mine looks forward to more than anything when he comes over! Requests his favourite meal, and I always do us a full English Breakfast on Sunday morning!:yes: :SUNsmile:

You guys will be one of us soon and we'll take good care of you. :console2:
:friends:
I know it I feel it! Not doing too badly, though it's getting Scary........! Just doing bits and pieces tying up all the loose ends...two more sleeps..yikes!:scare:
 
had fractured and dislocated my Left elbow from a flu shot
Flu shot???Must've been some shot!!!:scratch:

It is best to sleep on your Left side when you have acid reflux because of where the esopagus is located
so that's why I'm a left sided sleeper!!:sleep:

I guess when I get tired enough I will fall asleep no matter what position I'm in.
Yeah that's right, so we'll cope I guess...:zzz:

I don't hate to many things but hospitals are at the top of my list
I worked in them for so long, they are familiar to me, so I'm ok there...it is just strange being the other side of the blanket!! or it will be don't have much experience of that. The care had better be good, because nurses are hypercritical...I had better bite my tongue!:thud:

I have a diagnosis of ADD and was told that we tend to be clutterers.
You can be laid back and be a clutterer too! I am a testimony to that! ADD I am not!:tada:

I'm not as young as I used to be and can't do the things I used to
But maybe after you recover from your RKTR you'll be able to do a few more!! Go Girl!:dancy:
 
husband of mine can not stand a messy house and vacuums, mops and dusts like no ones business!
The only problem with that, and I've had two of those, is that when they are mopping and dusting, they are complaining like mad, because they think you should have done it!!:no-fin: :sorry:
 
The only problem with that, and I've had two of those, is that when they are mopping and dusting, they are complaining like mad, because they think you should have done it!!:no-fin: :sorry:

My ex did it once a year and it was a school project! :gaah: Pulling the stove and frig away from the wall sweeping, all my giving me a tutorial on how to clean. :hissy: I imagine if I only did it once a year I could knock a wall out too! :loll:
 
If one more person says to me you walk well for someone who is getting knee surgery I am going to stick my foot up their rear! For sure, they will not be walking well! :hissy: This weekend new discovery I can not step up on the popup camper stair with my hands full, I need to hang onto something. So if i am carry anything I need to open the door, put the item on the ledge and then step up. Also, lifting leg over my bike frame is now impossible unless I want to fall :bicycle2: BUT hey I walk we'll! :gaah:
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You were next on my list of people to check-in on. I just left ditzy dinah's page. I should'a came here first. lol Put your foot down Jean Claude Van Damme! :rotfl: You don't want to get into a fight or get arrested before your knee surgery, or do you... :umm:maybe it's all a part of your plan to get out of it. NOTHING DOING! It's too late, to turn back no-ow. :whistle:

Wait till you run into the people who tell you how they knew someone who was further along in their recovery than you, and did cartwheels and performed miracles at 2 weeks! Those are the people you can break your foot-off in, and I will join you in a tag team match! Flying in from on top of the rope! :loll:
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You were next on my list of people to check-in on. I just left ditzy dinah's page
I just checked in on Dinah hope I did not miss her!
Wait till you run into the people who tell you how they knew someone who was further along in their recovery than you, and did cartwheels and performed miracles at 2 weeks! Those are the people you can break your foot-off in, and I will join you in a tag team match! Flying in from on top of the rope! :loll:
lol! Already getting that , "oh it will be nothing" :hissy: Really! I want to ask, so tell me when did you go through this! I have zero tolerance for id10ts! :hairpulling: Getting ready for that tag team! :dancy:
 
Love your posts! You've got that "Positive Attitude" thing down, girl! I wanna be on YOUR team (and maybe borrow your super-cleaning hubby too!). Good luck with your surgery, and we'll see you over the edge on that other side. You know, the "sunny side of the street"? :dancy:
 
Thinking about you today, Janis. I understand scared-I've had numerous surgeries and am always scared, but for some reason this one has me petrified. Thank God I found this site-the support here helps soooooooooo much! I only know one person who had this surgery, so it's nice to come here for the support and info I need. I only wish some of us were closer geographically so as to be able to visit and help one another. I so wish I could be near ditzydinah and help her in any way she needed. But at least I can message her and help her in that way. Let us know how you do, Janis, we will all be here for you. Kim
 
I only wish some of us were closer geographically so as to be able to visit and help one another.

I've been thinking about this, and was gonna suggest this earlier. I just didn't know where to post it. :shrug: Here is a good a place as any... I think we should have an annual Knee Replacement/Hip Replacement Reunion. :friends: We can share our victories :yes!: defeats :headbang: in person, have a beverage :martini: , cut a rug :egypdance: :dancy: ,or just celebrate one another. :cheers: We can do whatever we're up to. It can move from state to state here in the US, whoever can make it, can make. Eventually, it will come to a city near you.:giggle:

Maybe we can set up a Skype account for those who can't make, or the BS members over seas. Eventually, or simultaneously over seas members can host one as well. :egypdance: It will probably take a bit of elbow grease, planning and time to get it off the ground, but it could work.:umm: I'm thinking the summer months would be great time for it.


What do you guys think?

I'm gonna tag Josephine and see what she thinks. Pray for me. :beg: :loll:
 
Wait till you run into the people who tell you how they knew someone who was further along in their recovery than you
Yeah, and I bet they'll say that we must not be following the PT instructions or working hard enough or we'd be further along! I'm already tired of people telling me how great I'll do if I just exercise enough.:sigh: I've tried telling them that there's new thinking regarding the aggressive PT but it seems to be a lost cause so now I just try to smile and change the subject.

Interesting how even people who haven't gone thru it seem to know what's best. :groan:
 
My PT thinks I worked hard Shhhhh.....
Wanda
 
MmmHmm, It's the whole Vanity crazed world we live in now. EVERYBODY goes to the gym and is fit as a fiddle. lol They even have a work out video now called, "Insanity." :yikes: No pain, No gain. The people who say this have no idea what it feels like to walk in our shoes.

I remember when my friends would suggest that I go walking for exercise. I had to find creative ways to describe my pain and how just the thought of that makes me knees hurt. It wasn't until I actually had knee replacement surgery that they actually got a clue.... I ain't your average bear. :gaah: I can't wait to have my life back to do the things I use to do without thinking of the consequences. Sigh...:sorry: One day. :beg:
 
If one more person says to me you walk well for someone who is getting knee surgery I am going to stick my foot up their rear!
Good for you, Janis - you're getting yourself ready to deal with all the know-it-alls who want to give you advice. Shut 'em down! :no-fin:

You're getting closer to S-date but it seems like you're very organized and ready.
 
I've been thinking about this, and was gonna suggest this earlier. I just didn't know where to post it. :shrug: Here is a good a place as any... I think we should have an annual Knee Replacement/Hip Replacement Reunion. :friends: We can share our victories :yes!: defeats :headbang: in person, have a beverage :martini: , cut a rug :egypdance: :dancy: ,or just celebrate one another. :cheers: We can do whatever we're up to. It can move from state to state here in the US, whoever can make it, can make. Eventually, it will come to a city near you.:giggle:

Maybe we can set up a Skype account for those who can't make, or the BS members over seas. Eventually, or simultaneously over seas members can host one as well. :egypdance: It will probably take a bit of elbow grease, planning and time to get it off the ground, but it could work.:umm: I'm thinking the summer months would be great time for it.
I am in! a little of this :egypdance: , a little of that :bicycle1: , a little of this :cheers: , and a whole lot of :giggle: and :friends: !
 
Good for you, Janis - you're getting yourself ready to deal with all the know-it-alls who want to give you advice. Shut 'em down! :no-fin:

You're getting closer to S-date but it seems like you're very organized and ready.

OMG so much to do! :gaah:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom