Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Questions for the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wants me to do PT 3 times a week on top of what I'm doing at home. Bursitis and tendinitis. Need strength in legs.
Listing to Titanium "I'm bullet proof"



Catrina
 
@catdemar I must have missed something or read it wrong ( not the first time ). Bursitis and tendinitis and you're OS is increasing Pt? On top of doubling up your home workouts?
 
Well doc gave me tramadol for the bursitis and tendinitis. I'm doing much better but hope to be off all meds in the next 4-6 weeks. I rode the bike at gym 30 min. Last two days and that feels good. No pain biking( low resistance) now and PT is getting easier. I'm going to take a easy yoga class tomorrow and a Aqua class.
I got up from kneeling at the pool to get something out and got up without help. Was so happy tried it again later that day but I couldn't do it. But looks like this Will come. At the end of the day I am normally sore and can't turn over In Bed easily but hope that come along also.
I'm feeling so much better not being on the heavy meds. Just wish I felt like this when I was off work so I could concentrate more on recovery and PT. I'll just need to work it into
my day. I've been working from home but back on the road next week. At least short week. I drive a lot, outside sales. Have to tell you driving and sitting in my car does not bother me.
Well just writing down what's going on In case I have a set back, I can read this:)
Have a great weekend.


Catrina
 
@Michegon
Yes more PT but think I might start doing more on my own instead of PT I know it sounds crazy to do more with the Bursitis and tendinitis but I've been doing it and feel better who would have thought?????
The only thing that PT does is massage my leg and hips I like it but I don't know if it's worth breaking up my day for


Catrina
 
@Lauren Spin Trainer
I've got one of those songs.
I'll have to get a new mix. I'm on a roll. I'm currently taking it easy on the bike but really want to ride a trail with my young son soon. Can't seem to lift my right leg over the bike yet to get on. I can do my left but that does not feel right. Not sure what I should be doing to get that leg over? Wonder if there are any exercises to make that happen?


Catrina
 
Hello, I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. I doing well getting stronger but sore still and back hurts. Doing PT( could do it on my own but I get a mini massage when I go) I'm trying to get on a bike so I can ride with my young son. He keeps asking when I can go. I can get my left leg over but not the right. Not sure what is holding that leg back. Just hurts too much to lift it over the bike. I keep thinking I should be 100% but I have to remind myself I'm only 7weeks. Love being back at the gym. I had a bit of a set back OS said my pain is bursitis and tendinitis caused by surgery. But pushing through it. I'm so glad to be off the meds. Boy to they take your brain. I wish I was not on them while I was off work could have concentrated more on recovery and my body then.....nothing:)

Hope everyone is doing well. Love to read how people are progressing.
Take care.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Catdemar,
You are still early in recovery, your hip muscles are not ready to lift your leg over your bike, give it time.
 
Catdemar, I moved your post from another member's recovery thread to your own as it really is an update on your progress and was not related to the thread where you posted. Please continue to post your updates, questions and concerns here on your thread. If you want a faster response, tag one or two of the staff members or another member you want to hear from. If you need instructions on how to tag members or other information about how to use BoneSmart, I suggest you check out our "how to" forum. Mouse hover over the Help & Info tab at the top of the page and click on the link for How To Use This Forum. Even without tags, someone should respond within a day or so as we all work to review every single post each day. Some days we can keep up with it; others we are a bit slower.

I understand your desire to get back on a bicycle, but unless you are very stable on your feet and easily able to mount and dismount the bike, I don't recommend that you do this now. You must be able to handle the bike and yourself in case of an emergency. You really, really don't want to risk a fall that could affect your new hip. The reason you cannot lift your leg over the bike is that you are still healing. I expect it may be at least a month or more before you are flexible and strong enough for this activity.
 
Can't seem to lift my right leg over the bike yet to get on. I can do my left but that does not feel right. Not sure what I should be doing to get that leg over? Wonder if there are any exercises to make that happen?
At only 7 weeks after major surgery, you're expecting rather a lot of yourself.
Time, and patience, are what's needed.

I'm sure your son would prefer to wait until you can ride with him safely, rather than see you fall and possibly injure those new hips.
 
I was same at similar time scale. With me it was getting in and out of bath to shower. Your quads and glutes need strengthening. I used to do the lie on sofa on side, legs bent but together, then raise knee and leg of operated leg and then close. Bit like opening a mouth. Then lie on back and raise errrrr bottom to arch body. With both don't do to pain level but to uncomfortable. The muscles come back.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Catrina @catdemar: I'm happy to read about your progress - after all - you've got bilateral surgery. Considering that, you're doing extremely well. Have you got a bike with a middle bar like a man's bike or a lady's bike? Maybe holding the bike at a slight angle would help you get on more easily. That's the way I did it preop because I also couln't swing my leg over the bar when I was in pain. I like cycling, too - but as Jamie says, it's probably better to wait - I'm sure you'll get there, strong as you are.

What Kind of work do you do. I do only Office work (translating) so I can go back to work on Monday. I liked your comment on driving, too. I feel the same. Driving does not present any problems to me. I've got a manual gearbox and changing gear in my Audi and pushing the clutch with the operated leg seems to be a good exercise for strengthening that leg :). All the best for your future recovery - Constanze
 
Hi Catrina! So good to hear of your progress! I am getting my last preparations for my bilateral on Tuesday June 2. Pain so bad right no. Been taking tramadol for about 3 weeks. Don't like how I feel on them but it just hurts so bad. Looking forward to recovery!
 
How are you getting on @catdemar? How is the pain, you brave bilateral person? Hope things are developing at least a little. Thinking of you x
 
Hi @catdemar How are you? Some new asked about bilaterals and it reminded me of you! How are you doing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom