Guest viewing is limited

Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

I was very comfortable for those early weeks sleeping on my couch versus a recliner. I found the recliner VERY uncomfortable. On the couch I used a foam wedge pillow for my upper body placed on the sofa arm. Then I put a pillow under my head and had another one that I used sometimes to support my arm placed against the back of the sofa. I slept on my side with the surgery arm facing up. Sometimes I would move a little more on my back and use the side pillow for arm support. This worked for me for about 6 weeks until I finally could stop using the sling and get back to my regular bed.
 
Great advice! Our recliner is basically used by my hubby while I prefer stretching out on the couch, so your detailed instructions to sleeping on the couch are very helpful. Plus, I already have a wedge pillow, so my “nest” on the couch will be ready for me when I recover at the end of October.
Thank you again Jamie
 
Thank you Hip4Life for the advice on preparing my left (unoperated) arm for the recovery process of my dominant right side.
I definitely need to start feeding myself, brushing my teeth (with my electric toothbrush) and other tasks with my left arm and hand.
Unfortunately, my left shoulder is very achy and it also needs replacement, but one shoulder at a time. :nah:

Thank you once again for your sage wisdom.
 
A friend of mine just started using her non-dominant hand to prep for surgery. She says she is able to manage most things, but trying to write anything is a major frustration.

Thankfully, you have time to work on getting lefty up to speed. Apparently, it's really good for the brain to learn how to use the non-dominant hand, so in addition to preparing for surgery, you'll be giving yourself a brain boost!

@AnnieBee
 
@AnnieBee The thing I found most surprising is that I still do things now with my left hand that normally I would have only done with my right hand. How goofy is that? Kinda lines up with what Deb said above about how good it is for the brain to use the non-dominant side once in a while. Who knew?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom