Guest viewing is limited

Question about pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine I had no choice I also clipped her nails weekly or should I say we had manicures and although no longer allowed in NY. It was either me being on antibiotics forever or giving up the cat. It was a new procedure. I was a wreck and felt so guilty but honestly she seemed fine
I know I would never give her up
But had no choice
More guilt


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@susanne you do what you have to do-- don't look back, and don't feel guilty (says me, who should have been born Jewish I give myself so much guilt!). You are giving your furbaby the best life in the world-- being with you!! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Thanks. Guilt my middle name but it was either me or her. And she was fine I know it's cruel and it would be crueler if she wasn't with me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@susanne Don't feel guilty, it would've been worse to have to give her up, cats love their person and their home too and that's important. I've had cats all my life and have been a cat lover since I can remember. I don't believe in declawing, I have two indoor cats with their claws and I don't even clip them (know I should but their really good). However, if it was for health reasons and I couldn't keep or care for them with claws, I'd do it too. I would never, never do it just because they were clawing my furniture or climbing my curtains. I believe that's just part of the risk we take as cat lovers (scratched up furniture) and we either train them, or try to, or live with the scratching. But if you were getting sick often from scratches that's different.
 
Thanks. I've always had dogs. Kitty is my 2nd cat
[Bonesmart.org] Question about pets

And as attached to her as she is to me I am to her. Really don't feel guilty at all
Thanks for your support
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to hear you are going to ignore that recommendation. That has to be the silliest thing I have ever heard of. I have had two knees and one hip and getting ready for the second hip and was never told such a thing.
 
@fiberlady I'm so glad I posted the question here, because the thought of not snuggling with the furbabies was really depressing me
 
Just checking in on you to see how things are going. Hope all is well.
 
I survived! I have a rough two days, but I am starting to feel better today. I'll post up a recovery thread later today or tomorrow.
 
Well done @BumbleB ! Welcome to the other side. Let me know if you need any help starting your recovery thread.
 
I just came upon this thread as I prepare for RTHR on 9/30, I have 4 Airedale Terriers! My doctor knows that showing dogs is my hobby, nothing has come up about 'sleeping arrangements' :-). I will wear freshly laundered PJ's but still share the bed with my girls, though they don't all fit at once.
 
I had bilateral rotator cuff repairs, broke my ankle in March, and now having both hips replaced. NO surgeon said anything at ALL about this. They all know I have a large Doberman and two cats. My Doberman is huge and bouncy... But he was gentle and careful around me through the other surgeries. Velcro dog that he is. I think whoever said that the nurse just doesn't like pets is right. Sounds completely silly. Pets were, if anything, helpful in recovering. I live alone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom