THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

Question: today for some horrible reason our old metal screen door made a deep cut on my leg as it swung shut. This happened on the unoperated leg.
We washed it really well immediately with Hibiclens, put on neosporin and wrapped it up. It probably could have had sutures but should heal okay like this. I called my surgeon's office and they started me on Keflex TID for seven days. And now I'm so scared of getting an infection in the prosthesis!!!!!

Has anyone had this sort of situation? I just can't believe it happened, I've been trying to be so careful.
 
If you are on Keflex you should be OK. However, if the wound is deep enough to need stitches I would strongly recommend getting in touch with your family doctor.
 
Thank you Jaycey - I feel conflicted about having chosen not to go to Urgent Care or the ER. (and I don't have a family dr so would have had to go the emergency route). The virus has spiked here and our county just moved to the Purple tier and it seemed better to bandage and wrap it. I do know that it could have had some stitches....(my husband is a veterinarian lol and he was the one who wrapped and bandaged it - he left the choice up to me but he felt it was okay to do so). Edit: I have recently done this with other skin flap wounds and they have all healed nicely, still....)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom