Guest viewing is limited

THR Puddin is on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Puddin
İ asked my OS about the AlterG. He probably have not heard of it and said "better do your PT exercises properly, thats enough"
However i was not satisfied with the answer after analyzing AltergG at its website. İ investigated where the device is and found that there is a sportsman health center at the hospital just next door. İ talked to the PT at the site there whether i can try it. He said fine, and i went there. Unfortunately i could not even manage to get on the treadmill device because could not wear the pants required to get on it. Either due to the swelling on the hip and my excess weight, the short could not pass above my knees and that was the end of my AlterG adventure :-)
İ continue with my routine exercises and look forward to get into the pool soon.
Hope you are ok and progressing well.
Greetings from İStanbul
 
Puddin, sounds like you're doing great! You've been out quite a bit a just 3 weeks. If you don't mind me asking, where are you at? Where did you have your surgery at? The place where I was working out pre-surgery in Lynnwood has an Alter-G. Meant to get in it pre-surgery but I was always so wiped after PT.

:flwrysmile:
 
Hey there! Things are going awesome! I'm down to my cane only!! Whoo hoo! :egypdance:

PT has been great. They make me move in ways I thought I couldn't or wouldnt try alone. I am working on week four and I get to see the doc Thursday to see what he thinks. As for my badge, I have been using tea tree oil and vitamin e oil to break down some of the cement that has been breaking off. It's getting smoother, but will be all gone by the weekend. :yes!:

So all is well and awesome! OH...I forgot...I go back to work in a week, just part time. But no longer will I be stuck inside! :yahoo:
 
Hi sansabosa!

Sorry you could get those funny looking shorts on. But maybe when swelling goes down. I didn't swell much at all, if I did, most of it was gone at about 2 weeks. Those things fit better this week versus last week. Keep up with the PT, it does wonders. The did muscle massages on my operating side only, oh boy, it was so awesome, I wanted to so out and run! But I know that wasn't going to happen.
 
Hey dede62!

I'm in MLT and I go to Experience Momentum in Lynnwood, it's just 5 min from my home. I had my surgery at Swedish Edmonds. It was a great experience. The year prior, the surgeon I chose was horrible and also wanting an arthroscopy. Glad I didn't do that. So yucky to Everett! Hahahaha! Oh well, I am having a great time! So where are you at in old WA?
 
I forgot to add, I ditch the drugs! So I have been a week "clean". They felt as if they weren't doing anything. I am still taking my blood thinner, on for another week, then no more pills. I hate them! :flwrysmile:
 
Sounds like you are having an awesome recovery! Ditching drugs already? How are you controlling the pain? Or do you have some super powers we are not aware of? :wink:
Bravo, girl! We celebrated my son's 4th birthday party yesterday so I was party planning this last week and a half. I can't believe where the time has gone this month. 9 more days to go for me. aaaargh! I'm so nervous!
 
No pain Teacat! I have been pain free for a week! It's unreal. I only ice after therapy, no more swelling either. :martini:

4 years old!! Well Happy Birthday from me!! Four is awesome, I wish my son was 4 again. The kid is 20 :boohoo: They grow too fast!!

NINE more days!! Alright! I can't wait. Don't worry about sleep, the will make sure ya do! Keep me posted! :flwrysmile:
 
Oh boy! PT was a little rough today! I did more and sped up the Alter G, wow, I need a nap! A little sore and tender, that's what they wanted!

My 4 week follow up is Thursday! Can't wait!
 
Hi Puddin
I am so glad about your progress.
I also feel the progress after each PT session and just like you mentioned, there are some movements that I can not dare to do by myself. However, icing is a must after the PT.
I was also advised to stop the pain medications when they finish. Already through with 2 of them and the last one will finish probably in a couple of days. I am nearly 3 weeks post op in 3 days. However I am also advised to take the blood thinners until 1 month post op.
 
Whoo hoo! There it is! Doc says all is looking really well :egypdance:
[Bonesmart.org] Puddin is on the other side
 
Very nice looking x-rays... Jolly good !
 
Hey Teacat! Doing really well, I only bring the cane out when I know it's going to be a long day. I have no pain, just a limp and when I get tired, I don't want to move.

I've been keeping my eye on your post, seems like you are doing good! Aren't you glad you did it?!? I sure am, just can't wait for the limp to go away.

Here's to an awesome summer.....pain free! :cheers:
 
Hey dede62!

I'm in MLT and I go to Experience Momentum in Lynnwood, it's just 5 min from my home. I had my surgery at Swedish Edmonds. It was a great experience. The year prior, the surgeon I chose was horrible and also wanting an arthroscopy. Glad I didn't do that. So yucky to Everett! Hahahaha! Oh well, I am having a great time! So where are you at in old WA?
Puddin, I'm in Everett, but you can see I went way out of town for surgery! What a small world! I've been seeing the folks at EM for over 3 years now. I started out there on my weight loss journey in 2008 and ended up using them for PT and massage on various occasions for my hip pre-surgery through last year. I stopped in to see them on the ride home after my 6 week check. They're all like family and I love them all dearly. I haven't been in for a while but hope to start taking Mark's Wed night class again. I've had a small setback with my foot and ankle (my hip's doing great) so I might be coming in sooner rather than later.
 
Hey sansabosa! Doing great! 6 weeks now, done with therapy and the limp is almost gone. On a good day, I can fake a real walk! :happydance: So I am getting real excited! :martini: How have you been??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom