TKR PT Confusion

Wow-Amazon carries patience? I'll have to go there and put it on my "please notify me when it's back in stock" list. I've needed it forever but could never find any place that carries it.............:rotfl:
 
Is an increase in pain around three weeks normal? I was on Tramadol, switched to Hydrocodone 5/325, and it's not working well. My next option is Ocycodone.....hate to go back to it though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
If you have an increase in pain at three weeks, you need to look at what has changed. You mention your medications have. That's okay. If what you are taking now isn't helping, then go back to what worked! You are very early in your recovery and you might very well need the 'big guns' for relief, still.

But what else has changed? Are you icing as much as you were. Elevating as much and correctly? Are you 'up' more? Starting to put together a simple meal or two or tackling laundry? What about your PT now. Could that be to blame?

Look at this from every angle. My Week Three was a hard one, but I finally figured it was mostly emotional. I was more than ready to feel better, darn it!

EVERYTHING and anything will affect your pain levels.
 
Hmmm....I have been walking more. I'm trying to find a balance between elevating, icing, and movement. I really need to be able to sit in a chair so I can go to work even for a couple hours, but so far I don't have the ROM yet. And you're right, I broke down for the first time yesterday.
 
It's too early for thinking about going back to work. Even with a sedentary job, more stress is put on your healing knee.
 
It could be you're not ready to "step down" to hydrocodone yet. If the tramadol worked well, maybe the doc would give you another prescription for a week or two of that if you let them know how you're feeling.
 
Re getting back to full activities and feeling "normal" - It taken me nine full months to get there. I race bicycles and just in the last couple of weeks have I felt like I'm riding anywhere near like I used to. It is been a full nine months to get there.

Also, going back to work and sitting behind a desk actually was worse for me. I backslid after going back to work and I didn't go back to work until nine weeks postop.

Good luck.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom