@Josephine....So here is where I am at - I am thoroughly despondent. I am 13 months post op THR. Have never been able to really have one day without some sort of pain.
As you can see from previous posts, many well known OS's and different theories. I am presently having groin pain, I limp and I feel pain now in the butt area right by my "posterior" scar when I walk (scar is fine and no infection).
I have no pain when I sit, sleep, (except still have difficulty sleeping on the unoperated side and bringing my operated leg over). But generally no pain sitting, sleeping. I have no infection, no loosening, no HO, no hernia, no major identifiable problems except some sort of soft tissue problem.
Have "catching pain" in hip flexor (psoas) when I get up, and when I walk. My OS's have narrowed this down (they think) to a psoas impingement problem. I am scheduled for a Psoas cortisone shot ultrasound guided on April 5th. I have researched the shot and the possibility of a tenotomy after if the shot doesn't relieves the pain.
I have not seen in all the research a cortisone shot in the psoas tendon to fix the problem permanently. Would love to hear that that is a possibility. I know Josephine had the TB shot and it resolved on its own forever but I haven't seen a psoas shot doing that. Would love to know I am wrong.
I have groin pain getting in my car, sitting and laying down (burning feeling not pain, (1-2)-just annoying and makes me nauseous). I can go on a spinning bike for an hour, no pain. After, I get up from sitting (catching pain) and stretch and most times start level walking, can walk for 3 miles, no pain.
But I don't have significant pain going uphill or steps. (Psoas generally has these symptoms). If you press on my psoas it's tender and pain. Is it my psoas?
Roller coaster good walking with no pain and other days pain in groin walking, limping. Can't figure out how to get rid of the pain.
Talked to sarak and she thought tenotomy very helpful.
Talked to midea and she said she "uniquely, out of the box" had her psoas stretched and actually cured by just sitting on a horse and horseback walking twice a week?
Yesterday I took one Advil and two Tylenol yesterday (I haven't been taking ANY meds before) and yesterday I could walk pain free again and just tight?