Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

Hello dear BoneSmart friend! :wave:
It is so nice to hear from you and read that you’re enjoying time in Crete, with no hip pain, making the best of it. You continue to be an inspiration and your thoughtfulness in checking in to see if another may need support is very generous and much appreciated. Stay safe and enjoy your vacation!
@clodaghcov
 
Hello all. Just a quick update. I am to be admitted as an emergency. I cannot cope with the pain! I think being on steroids has knocked out my immune system and I have nothing to fight the infection. If they can save my hip with a clean out, they'll do it. If not, they will remove the prothesis and replace with a spacer ,but I have a rough ride ahead - a big hole in my pelvis and a whole top leg prosthesis. But it's time. I have gone 16 months which is a lot longer than was anticiptated---so onwards and upwards. Now to start Clexane and stop anticoagulant. Hope you are all well. It has been sooooo hot here!! Lots of lovexx
 
Sending positive thoughts your way for your upcoming surgery, hope they are able to help you feel better soon.
:console2::flwrysmile:
 
This is heartbreaking. I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope whatever course of action they choose they keep your pain manageable and you're able to regain some semblance of normality in your life. You have been plagued by this far too long. Sending a hug and I will be praying for you. :praying:
@clodaghcov
 
I'm so sorry to hear you're still plagued with an infection. But at least you should get good attention being in the hospital rather than waiting for various doctor appointments at the clinics.

I think being on steroids has knocked out my immune system and I have nothing to fight the infection.
You are absolutely right about this. Steroids do suppress the immune system along with all the good things they can do. The only good news is that once you are off them, your body can build itself back up in about 4 months time. So I hope your doctors determine that you can do without them now.

I did read some information that indicated taking extra Vitamin D can help with this, so you might discuss that with your doctors to see if that would be appropriate for you.

You have such a wonderful attitude even after all you've been through. That definitely helps! Hang in there and please know your BoneSmart family is behind you all the way. We're here to use as a sounding board and to offer whatever support we can provide.
 
I am so very sorry. I am sending you hugs and truly hope you can find comfort and strength to continue with the courage you have shown us all.
 
Well everything happened very fast i very fast i was admitted as an emergency Monday night and operated on Wednesday,Prof was hoping to remove all th ironmongery and put a spacer in,but as so often happens things dont go how is wanted,my femoral componant which is attached to my artificial knee was rock solid and unless he started fracturing bones he needed to leave it. If there is infection there it literally falls apart so that bit is good, the same applied with my hip cup,the bone is very fragile there and again he thought it would fall out but no such luck.

Everything else is out and been replaced again and im awash with antibs/ Not what we hoped for and i was very upset but got over it and fighting again,several hours in theatre left me pretty wrecked but I have pain blocks and catheter and hefty drugs but i am comfortable. Physios have been and i have done a few steps so onward and upward,lots of culture results will soon be back but i am trying to distance myself from them. People in ROH are so very very kind to me and it does make such a difference,im really like part of the furniture. Onward and Upward.

I was so terrified i would lose my leg, but not yet although i do need to find information incase this happens in the future,he will never do it unless i agree but i must prepare in case of.

xxxxx
 
Glad you are out of surgery and comfortable. Hope the antibiotics do their job and allow you to heal.
 
I’m glad to see that you are ok and I hope everything goes smoothly from now on.
 
I know this has whole thing has been incredibly hard...and I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I'm glad you are getting good care, pain managed and have been up walking a bit.
Continued prayers for healing dear @clodaghcov :friends:
 
I'm sorry for the emotional rollercoaster this journey brings. The highs and lows must take an exhausting toll. Not to mention the physical pain you endure. You're a fine example of grace and strength. I will remember you in prayer for a successful outcome this time around. Hugs and best wishes.
@clodaghcov
 
Hi @clodaghcov :wave:
Think of you often and wonder if you are still in the hospital?
I sure hope you are home and if not, hope everyone is being good to you and you are improving.
Big hugs from me!:friends:
 
Oh Mojo nice of you to think of me!! Still in hospital 3 weeks now ups and downs the whole way, still oozing abit and they tried to get me on Clarithmycin but was so so so k for 2 days,so back on IV vancomycin and merripen until bone infection decide on next drug. I will not be surprised if they put another vac dressing on.No pain and I take myself into the gardens to sit my misery away!! Fresh air always helps!! I think the death of the Queen really affected me badly, just not being at home. Hope you are ok I'm sure you have your. own problems but thank you for your message,xxx
 
I'm sorry to learn you're still in the hospital. Thankfully you're not in pain. Sincere condolences on the loss of the Queen. It's heartbreaking that you're so emotionally affected by her loss at such a difficult time for you physically.
I hope you're released for home soon. Sending love and a hug. :console2:
@clodaghcov
 
Thinking of you @clodaghcov
I hope things have improved and hope you are home.
Continued best wishes and lots of hugsxxx
 
Hi @clodaghcov
We haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope things have improved for you over the past couple months.
Sending a hug along with best wishes for a happy holiday season and a healthy New Year!
 
Oh dear,o have been on that rocky road again,After 12 hours of vomitting my gp insisted i went to a&e after xrays told i had compacted constipation,you can imagine it all,over 4 days of enemas they pushed my leg too far over and bang my hip dislocated. I had a really awful time with them theyjust would not admit my hip had dislocated until they saw on xray. By this time i was in contact with my surgeon who start the ball rolling to get me transferred to the Royal Orthopaedic from his lecturing in Chile.I needed 3 units of blood readt for surgery and was transferred last Sunday and emerency surgery on the Monday.all went well and they let me come home on the Wednesday and Tronty and Chotika got married on the Thursday a

nd yes i was there on my pink crutches and was a wonderful happy day!! onward and upward!! Big hugsxxxx



y
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom