Pre-op Pilgrimage

:groan:timing is not the greatest!
Mine decided to delay until four days pre-op.
Thankfully, it was shorter than usual (nerves?)
I'm sure it will not affect surgery or recovery...but just :oyvey:
Getting rid if that hip pain IS worth all this aggravation.
Wishing you a calm weekend!

Thanks Mojo. I've got a little farewell hike to the old hip planned for tomorrow. My name really should be "hikeswithducktape" as I never hit the trail without it. Keeps me hands free when that pesky thing won't stay in the socket :loll:

A period shouldn't cause any issues with your op but you do need to let your doctor know.

SwampHiker, you will notice that we edited your post. Please don't use hashtags (#) on here. They are only used for rare conditions here.

Thank you Josephine. I also appreciate the heads up on the hashtag use.

I managed to get in a 9 mile swamp hike yesterday. It was grueling, but totally worth it. I needed to get it out of my system so I won't not push my recovery too fast. I promptly followed that with a visit to my masseuse so she could loosen up all the muscles in my surgeons path. Today's plan is lots of rest and ice and meditation in preparation for tomorrow's surgery.

I also had a "last hurrah" in the form of an off shore fishing trip.

Good news, this year's trips have been pain free AND glorious!:egypdance:

Youve got this!:ok:

I bet that was a blast. I love to fish as well. I'm so happy this year's trips have been gloriously pain free for you :realing:

Honestly the first days are disorienting and for me ...a huge relief! Done!
See you on the healing side, dear @SwampHiker
You are gonna do great!

Good luck SwampHiker.

We are all rooting for you and will be waiting for you here post op to cheer you on recovery.

Wishing you the very BEST tomorrow @SwampHiker - sorry to hear Aunt Flo decided to show up to attend I'm sure it will be fine. I should be awake and well into recovery by the time they put you into "La La Land". My surgery is scheduled to start at 7 a.m. so we'll be rising around 4 to shower and get to the surgical center. I am planning on being home by tomorrow afternoon/evening if everything goes well.

I have packed up the 30lb gift bag that is full of every variety M&M that is made for the nursing staff. My husband said he will need a two wheeler to get it in there!

Wishing you well - soon, my friend, we shall be on the "OTHER SIDE"!!!!!

Drop back in when you're feeling up to it!

Cheers!:friends:

@NanaKP You certainly will be up and at em! Hopefully you will be home by the time I'm in recovery. No "la la land" for me. I'm going in awake, alert and aware per my request.

Love that you're bringing all them goodies for the nurses!

I'll see you on the other side! :friends:

Oh lady - you're a BRAVE one!!!! I don't want to hear or be aware of ANYTHING. I'm trusting the anesthesiologist to make certain of that like he did last time. I'll be thinking about you!!!

For real? Awake, alert, aware :scaredycat:You are a brave woman! I can't wait to read all about it.
Wishing you all the best. We'll look forward to your first post on the recovery side!
Hope you get some sleep tonight.
@SwampHiker

Thanks Mojo. I've got a little farewell hike to the old hip planned for tomorrow. My name really should be "hikeswithducktape" as I never hit the trail without it. Keeps me hands free when that pesky thing won't stay in the socket :loll:

WOW! Duct tape? You're a trooper. Can't wait to hear/read about your recovery!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rdollins
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom