Pre-Op Blues

I looked at recliners too but they are out of my price range. Any chance you could rent one or know someone who can lend you one?
 
@leenie60 ..I did look into renting a recliner; however, there are a limited number of med supply stores in SF and only a few of them had rentals. The biggest downside is that most of them wanted huge deposits ($800-$1000!). Moreover, most of the recliners were already out on rental with an indefinite availability period/time. So, I could not be guaranteed a rental when I need it.

I saw some on Amazon for $300. Cannot attest to how long they would last, but if it is long enough to get me through the recovery period, than that works! Then I could just donate it to Goodwill when I am done.
 
@Lerwick8 You certainly have had a stressful time. I see you moved your surgery so you have a bit of a wait yet. I think you will find you will be much more mobile than you think sooner than you think. Getting in and out of bed those first couple days can be a challenge but it is doable by yourself. They will show you how to deal with it before you leave the hospital. I had anterior so I'm not sure about your restrictions. However, from what I've read, the total recovery time is pretty much the same.

You mentioned GoodWill so I wonder if one of those thrift stores might have a recliner for sale. I'm sure it would be a lot less than the one on Amazon! It might be worth checking into. You don't need a recliner from a med supply company. I think any good recliner will do. If you have any questions, check with your OS office.

Sending positive calming thoughts your way. The waiting is the very hardest part. Just get it done so you can move on with your life pain free!!
 
@Lerwick8 Hi in looking for a recliner some of the local Churches will have a thrift store. In my experience the quality of merchandise is much higher. We pick things up there often. That's where I got my two year old recliner
For $60. Good luck in your search.
 
@GrannyC ... Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!

I am having a posterior, so I have restrictions that you did not (cannot bend more than 90 degrees, or cross my legs for 6 weeks). This means that I have a bit more prep work to do before the surgery (for example, my bed is too low, so I need to get some bed risers and I also need to move it further away from the wall as I need to be able to get using the operated hip side first).

P.S. your dog is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I am so envious. I am not allowed to have a dog in my apartment building and I live vicariously through the neighborhood dogs.
 
@Gone again ... Wow! What a steal you got on your recliner!

I am glad that your surgery went well and that you continue to progress in your recovery:dancy:
 
Back
Top Bottom