Powerhouse
junior member
- Joined
- Jul 8, 2021
- Messages
- 41
- Age
- 66
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
This recovery truly is like a roller coaster ride.... up, down, up, down.
I'm 5 1/2 weeks out. Tues & Wed this week were marvelous!
I slept better two nights and had barely any pain. Got stuff done. Great ROM. No cane, no walker. Even did some client accounting at my desk for a couple hours.... it felt NORMAL!!
Then *poof* it's back to sleeping only 30-45 mins at a time (even with sleeping pill), very stiff, so exhausted and brain fog galore.
So disappointing...
I have my daily journals from when I had my left TKR back in 2015. Boy, by 5 weeks I was doing great...cooking, shopping, lunch out with friends...I started driving at 3 weeks and back to work almost full time at 5 weeks. Went to PT 2x week.
I hate feeling like a victim.....a cripple....still needing so much help at 5 1/2 weeks.
I'm 5 1/2 weeks out. Tues & Wed this week were marvelous!
I slept better two nights and had barely any pain. Got stuff done. Great ROM. No cane, no walker. Even did some client accounting at my desk for a couple hours.... it felt NORMAL!!Then *poof* it's back to sleeping only 30-45 mins at a time (even with sleeping pill), very stiff, so exhausted and brain fog galore.
So disappointing...

I have my daily journals from when I had my left TKR back in 2015. Boy, by 5 weeks I was doing great...cooking, shopping, lunch out with friends...I started driving at 3 weeks and back to work almost full time at 5 weeks. Went to PT 2x week.
I hate feeling like a victim.....a cripple....still needing so much help at 5 1/2 weeks.






