THR Post surgery

That's why we say that recovery is like a roller-coaster ride. It will even out eventually -- but it takes many months of ups and downs.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post surgery
 
@benne68 yea it was scaring me cause I was feeling good than bam tight groin and a little pain in scar sight
 
Are you still icing? I’m 9 months out from the op and still use ice on my hip and lower back after walking or aqua exercise. I massage my scar with biooil and this also helps counter friction of clothes against the scar. A small bottle lasts ages.

The recovery squiggle is all too real but I am sure you will get there!
 
Haven’t been icing nor I’m like 3 weeks everything was good till 5 days ago and now my groin in so tight
 
You likely irritated healing soft tissue. Ice your groin, or anywhere else in the area that is causing you discomfort. Try doing it several times a day and see if it improves.
 
@Layla is scaring me cause the pain is getting worse and I barley had any pain this whole time now I’m getting worse instead of better
 
Good Morning,
How did you feel as the day progressed yesterday? Also, have you tried icing throughout the day, avoiding any strenuous activity? Wondering if you're able to trace the onset of the pain back to anything you did...some type of strain? If not and it doesn't improve, but instead is increasing in frequency and intensity, consider checking in with your OS's care team to see what they advise. Hopefully you're feeling better. :fingersx:
@ajhines19
 
@Layla i called them dunno what I did that caused it but now I’m having pain in the butt on that side
 
@Layla seen surgeon today and he said the X-ray looked good and wants to see me in a month to see if it gets better
 
Glad you saw him, what does he think it may be?
@ajhines19
 
He said we’ll keep a eye on it and wants to see me in 3 weeks if it’s the same or worse we’re going to do something
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Wow...three months already. I hope you're doing well.
Have a great week!
@ajhines19
 
Does anyone know what linear calcification adjacent the lesser trochanter mean
 
It's an area of bony growth along a section of your upper thigh bone. It's not directly connected to the implant, but muscles attach there.
I have no idea if it has any practical significance so best to talk with your surgeon.

1719007583939.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@mendogal I was with him today and I didn’t see the report till when I came home and it was on my phone he didn’t mention it earlier
 
@mendogal I was with him today and I didn’t see the report till when I came home and it was on my phone he didn’t mention it earlier
Well you have two options: 1) assume he's not concerned or 2) put in a follow up phone call.

If you've been developing new pain or tightness on the outer/towards the back area below the hip joint, where the lesser trochanter is, you might opt to call and ask about it.
 
@mendogal I been having a lot of new pain and he did the blood test today to see if there is a infection and the crp was 8.0 and sedimentation rate was 50 so now I’m scared it’s infected I didn’t talk to him yet I just seen the results in my app and he told me he would call me with the results
 
Back
Top Bottom