TKR Post Op all is well<

Hi @Schenk . Thank you for all your positive updates. You have done so well after your TKR.

You used a lot of PT exercise in your recovery, which is something that we don't usually recommend. For a lot of people, that doesn't work well.
But you did it your way and it worked for you. The most important thing is that you were sensible about it and you listened to your knee.
You took on board the most important message, which you have handed on to others:
The moral of the story, ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR KNEE.

I agree with everything Celle just said.

There are different approaches to this recovery and no one right way, so we get to choose the one we like best!

Best wishes as you continue on!

Hello everyone,
I'm 1 year and 1 week into my post TKR life.
My surgical knee feels fine.
No swelling.
No pain.
I have full ROM.
No limits on what I can do.
Just to make things more exciting, I bought a Golden Retriever puppy in June and brought him home in August.
We walk at least 5-8 kilometers per day.
A wonderful dog and the walking really is good for my knee.
I don't think I would have made through those early post op days without this site
Thank you so much.
I am very thankful for the full recovery that I made.
The process was uncomfortable, and painful. The PT was difficult.
At times, I was told that I was doing too much.
Some advised no PT at all.
In the end, my experience tough me to listen to my body.
Don't over do your rehab. Don't cause yourself pain. You'll have enough of that.
Listen to the moderaters.
Thanks again.
David

So very good to hear from you @Schenk David - and delighted your outcome has been so positive! Wise words in your posting for others to pay attention to. Our thanks to your puppy for helping your recovery! :doggie:

Welcome back, David! You are an inspiration to those just starting this road! Give that sweet dog a hug from me!

Glad to hear you’re enjoying life with your new knee and puppy! Yay!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom