MUA Popliteal artery

Glad it went well! I had a manipulation many years ago. Worked but seems they injured my knee so I had to stay off of it for a few weeks. Good luck!
 
I thought my surgeon would do a couple of manipulations a week. In fact he does around one a year!! Didn’t fill me with confidence however. It’s done now and wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought. Fingers crossed it will work for me.
 
Hello @Ascotgirl,
You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as it's best if members in recovery only have one thread. We find it much easier for everyone.
This is because:
  • That way, you have all your information in one place. This makes it easier for others to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you start new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. We won't miss your new question as, between us, the staff read all new posts each day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?

A helpful hint - Many members have found it useful to bookmark their thread so they don't lose it.
 
Be careful to not overdo after your MUA. Hot muscles create adhesion easier than cool muscles. You don't want to do that! Just your normal daily activities should be fine during your recovery,
 
Hi there. I’m 10 months post left knee TKR. I have a fluid lump at the back of the knee since after surgery. I had a manipulator in February 22 because of stiffness. I’m still stiff but not as much. However I’m experiencing cramp at night approx 3 times a night. This is in my calf and foot. I’m due to see my consultant on 23rd may. He thinks I’m done very well. (I don’t!!). I feel there is something trapped that causes my calf to feel stiff and behind knee fluid lump. I don’t think it’s a blood clot nor does my physio. Any advice?? Thankyou.
 
It sounds like to me you have a Baker's Cyst. Baker's Cyst Explained Many of us have had them for years. If I do a lot of extra lifting or stressing the knee, the cyst will be bigger and more painful. Resting for a few days allows it to go down some. You can ice that area to help with the discomfort. Don't push on it to try and get the fluid out. You don't want it to bust. That is extremely painful. @Pumpkin, one of our staff members had one that burst. She'll tell you about it.
 
@Ascotgirl
My bakers cyst ruptured in 2018, my my calf went from normal size to huge in just a few hours. There was a large fluid filled area in my calf that took 2+ months to reabsorb. The pain while my bakers cyst was draining was excruciating.
One of the symptoms of a ruptured baker cyst is feeling like water is running down your calf, when there is none. If you feel this call your surgeon, if the pain gets bad go to the A & E.
I still stretch my calf daily, helps with that tight feeling in my calf.

While you have symptoms icing and elevating should help the bakers cyst resolve and hopefully avoid a rupture.

Keep us posted on how you are doing,
Chris
 
@Ascotgirl
By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
 
Thankyou for your helpful reply’s. I think a bakers cyst as I have the sensation of a wet calf occasionally when my leg is dry. It’s weird.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom