PKR PKR stress fracture

The surgeon who did my surgery had nothing to offer me at my one year check up. I had a list of 9 concerns. The only one he addressed was, my knee aches outside in cold weather because I have metal in my knee. Yes, I came to that conclusion myself.

He had no answer for my other discomforts and no plans to look further. He either really didn’t know what to do, or refused to because it would be an admission that something didn’t go right.

I can’t believe I’m his first patient who didn’t have a good outcome.
 
Recovery was going well until 4½ weeks, then pain started upon standing and walking. OS diagnosed it as a stress fracture.
He didn’t say how it may have happened, he made that diagnosis by the pain I was describing.
When we got home the nightmare began, I collapsed twice knocking the wind out of my poor husband, then on the brick stair right where the incision was. I bent the immobilizer.
I know that stress fractures can "just happen" but I'm still wondering if your falls had anything to do with it. A fall bad enough to bend the immobiliser must have put strain on your knee as well.

Looking back there were a lot of things I should have done, questions I should have asked,but after 2 years of pain and meniscus surgery, cortisone and gel shots, I just wanted to be out of pain.
Please will you tell us the date of your meniscus surgery, so we can add that to your signature? Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 
Is knee popping normal ? Like when you crack your knuckles?
 
@Fakeparts,

I also had a PKR (lateral compartment). Early in my recovery I experienced “popping” sensations but not as often now. When I do, I can tell it’s more to do with tendons / ligaments rather than my implant. I especially notice it when I happen to have done a bit more than normal. Since I’m still healing, I’m guessing I induced some swelling of those tissues. I wonder if that’s what you are experiencing?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom